Poor WAN Speeds PPPOE Xiaomi Mi 4A Gigabit

Well, for one I like reliable 'absolute' time for my local machines even when the internet should be down. And for network measurements it is convenient when all machines are synchronised to below millisecond resolution, as then one can directly interpret timestamps to readout absolute delays between machines....

For most other use-cases I am just fine/happy with using NTP to a remote server over the internet....

1 Like

hi could yo please share what did u change to get that speed? i have enabled software and hardware offload and i am still stuck in 300mbs for everything goes through wan port, even iperf3 with other router is getting around 300mbs, and eth ports with iperf just getting 500mbs, same network and wires but archer c7 getting around 900mbs

Are you using stock firmware or OpenWrt in your Xiaomi 4A gigabit? If OpenWrt, what version are you using?

sorry it is solved, just reinstalled openwrt and checked offload... and it works as expected. thx anyway

Hi,
Have you tested the maximum bandwidth on your system while using Tailscale (Wireguard under the hood) on the Mi 4A Gigabit Edition router with OpenWrt?

Iā€™m planning on buying the same router and running the same setup and was wondering if the CPU on that router with Tailscale and OpenWrt can saturate a 50-60mb/s symmetrical connection?