Pogo pro: why I can not using ipv6? and fw_printenv?

1.fw_printenv error?

root@OpenWrt:/# fw_printenv 
Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment
bootcmd=bootp; setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=${serverip}:${rootpath} ip=${ipaddr}:${serverip}:${gatewayip}:${netmask}:${hostname}::off; bootm
bootdelay=5
baudrate=115200

1. is the uboot 2014 takes effects?
    before I saw first stage load uboot 2014 then linux, now first stage loads linux directly. so does uboot 2014 in package has no effect?

3.what is openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-ubifs-sysupgrade.tar? I see the document does not mention this file. just squashfs-sysupgrade.

ipv6 unavailable?

This command is done in the booatloader (i.e. before the device boots OpenWrt), not inside of the Operating System environment.

So, you have an error because you're typing the command in the wrong location.

To my knowledge, you cannot install a bootloader via a package upgrade to an embedded device (there may be some exceptions on some makes/models of hardware).

:warning: It is not an x86_64 PC running a full Linx distro where the superuser is only accessing a HDD.

Also, OpenWrt doesn't commonly edit the bootloader, so what you're saying about changes of "booting stages" is quite unclear.

(I do see your device has a special limitation you may be referring to.)

Can you show relevant screenshots/links to what your talking about, please?

• Why does your device have a LAN6 interface?
  • Why is it set to an unsupported protocol (e.g. not DHCPv6 client)?
2 Likes

1.fw_printenv error?
This is a linux based app, can decode the uboot env mtd partition, run in linux/openwrt is correct. I have done it before in marvell 6281 based system,ok. in uboot, a cmd named envprint or similiar, that is ok.
2 I mean in the building process we can select uboot 2014, that is also exist in packages repos.I am sure when upgrade it is install to my nand, because there is a mtd named uboot.
3. https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/openwrt/releases/19.07.3/targets/oxnas/ox820/openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-ubifs-sysupgrade.tar(an official mirror also exist in official download website)

openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar	5.5 MiB	2020-05-17 07:29
openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-squashfs-ubinized.bin	3.3 MiB	2020-05-17 07:29
openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-uImage	2.6 MiB	2020-05-17 07:29
openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-ubifs-sysupgrade.tar	9.2 MiB	2020-05-17 07:29
openwrt-19.07.3-oxnas-ox820-cloudengines_pogoplugpro-ubifs-ubinized.bin	6.9 MiB	2020-05-17 07:29

what is the function of each files? uImage is for tftp mem boot, squashfs-sysupgrade.tar for sysupgrade after uImage bootup. and squashfs-ubinized.bin? ubifs-sysupgrade.tar and ubifs-ubinized.bin?

6 I am sure openwrt 19.7 has ipv6 native support, using by my other routers. I have native ipv6 got, so an ipv6 interface. Lan6 should be run by default, got an ipv6 by slaac or dhcpv6.

OK, I see it was a checksum error when using the OpenWrt package. I'm asking what if you access thru serial?

I see you are supposed to chain your bootloader...but I cannot imagine that's done thru a package install.

Have you read this: https://openwrt.org/toh/cloudengines/pogoplugpro#important_notes

:question:

This is one sentence I understood, and it is incorrect. OpenWrt does not run such a "LAN6" interface by default. Can you clarify this statement, please.