Please help me to build for Mikrotik RB5009

hi everybody i would like install package for example package qosify for my router mikrotik rb5009

how to make please

i newbie in build of firmware

• Create a new branch: $ git branch rb5009ug
  • Switch to the branch: $ git checkout rb5009ug
  • Apply the patch on top: $ git am rb5009ug-support.patch
  • Run make menuconfig, select the RB5009UG, and compile.

For future updates from master, do this:

$ git checkout master
$ git pull
$ git checkout rb5009ug
$ git rebase master
1 Like

I think there was a misunderstanding, what I meant was 'create a topic when you run into issues'. Not 'create a topic' :wink:.

Please read the wiki link I gave you on the buildroot, set it up, build an image for an already supported image for a device that's already supported (e.g. WRT1900AC is a mvebu device as well). Then you can, again as per my instructions, use a separate branch to apply the RB5009UG support code and build off that.

People will not walk you through the whole buildroot setup, that's what the wiki is for.

3 Likes

ok i will try afternoon :wink: thanks again

2 Likes

Patch from adron's 5.10 branch here.

2 Likes

thanks for the moment i'm to start but it's very complicated ..

i has found this page to be continued

diff --git a/target/linux/mvebu/patches-5.10/706-net-phy-marvell-88e6393.patch b/target/linux/mvebu/patches-5.10/706-net-phy-marvell-88e6393.patch i has try different command for apply the patch but not succedd

ok seemds good but i don't has done the compil with patch

my actually build is like this

Capture d’écran 2022-02-16 à 18.07.04

but i has error where is my error just below toolchain is broken

Capture d’écran 2022-02-16 à 18.10.21

1 Like

@Borromini

seems progressed the build but i don't has make a patch

how many times dure the build about ?? 3H 5H ? thanks

it's my fisrt time

looks

Capture d’écran 2022-02-16 à 20.43.18

1 Like

ok seems good just llvm is too old

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/parallels/openwrt/package/kernel/bpf-headers'
/home/parallels/openwrt/include/bpf.mk:70: *** ERROR: LLVM/clang version too old. Minimum required: 12, found: 10.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/parallels/openwrt/package/kernel/bpf-headers'
time: package/kernel/bpf-headers/compile#0.04#0.04#0.08
    ERROR: package/kernel/bpf-headers failed to build.
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:116: package/kernel/bpf-headers/compile] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/parallels/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:110: /home/parallels/openwrt/staging_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a72_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/parallels/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/parallels/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:230: world] Error 2
parallels@parallels-Parallels-Virtual-Platform:~/openwrt$ 

1 Like

how to apply the patch please

1 Like

git am $patch

Please use a separate branch as per the instructions I gave you.

2 Likes

yes is good now thanks for all :wink:

2 Likes

hi everybody
how to make for have this packages ?

Unknown package 'kmod-sched'.
Package kmod-ifb (5.10.100-1) installed in root is up to date.
Installing ip-full (5.15.0-1) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_cortex-a72/                                                                                                 base/ip-full_5.15.0-1_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk
Unknown package 'kmod-veth'.
Installing iptables-mod-ipopt (1.8.7-2) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu/cortexa72/pack                                                                                                 ages/iptables-mod-ipopt_1.8.7-2_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk
Installing iptables-mod-conntrack-extra (1.8.7-2) to root...
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu/cortexa72/pack                                                                                                 ages/iptables-mod-conntrack-extra_1.8.7-2_aarch64_cortex-a72.ipk
Unknown package 'kmod-tcp-bbr'.
Package irqbalance (1.8.0-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package htop (3.1.2-1) installed in root is up to date.
Configuring ip-full.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-nf-ipt
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-nf-ipt found, b                                                                                                 ut incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-ipt-core
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-core found,                                                                                                  but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-sched
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-sched found, bu                                                                                                 t incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-sched.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-veth
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-veth found, but                                                                                                  incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-veth.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-ipt-ipopt
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-ipopt found                                                                                                 , but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for iptab                                                                                                 les-mod-ipopt:
 *      kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package iptables-mod-ipopt.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-ipt-conntrack
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-conntrack f                                                                                                 ound, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-ipt-conntrack-extra
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-conntrack-e                                                                                                 xtra found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-ipt-raw
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-ipt-raw found,                                                                                                  but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for iptab                                                                                                 les-mod-conntrack-extra:
 *      kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package iptables-mod-conntrack-extra.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency kernel (= 5.10.100-1-1536b0                                                                                                 a222622d7b97c7fa4d28a4954e) for kmod-tcp-bbr
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for kmod-tcp-bbr found,                                                                                                  but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-tcp-bbr.
root@DopamIT:~#

i has a problem of dependancies

1 Like

you need to add them during your compilation (menuconfig Y or M)

or if it is from snapshot, just few packages are there.

you can read here;

1 Like

Ok thanks :slightly_smiling_face::+1: