Please help me nanostation AC loco WDS problem

My error, OP is running https://openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/ubiquiti_nanostation_ac_loco which shows 64 MB RAM. Still very tight

https://openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/nanostationm5 -- 32 MB RAM version, perhaps?

The old xm version has limited RAM (32 MB) and thus is not recommended.

and the suggestion of

Don't run LuCI

still holds as a way to potentially improve stability.

there are a lot pkg i don't used and its take a lot of ram can any one tell me what i should remove to make device working without hanging up

i used nanostaion AC Loco

1 Like

ath10k-ct uses a lot of RAM. The kernel will allocate more and more RAM until vital userspace services like hostapd and dropbear get killed, at that point the router is crashed and must be rebooted. I was not able to make it work on an AC loco. Figure 128M of RAM per ct radio minimum.

2 Likes

can you tell me what's difference between ath10k-firmware-qca988x and ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct and ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct-htt

1 Like

The htt build has some different options. I don't think either ct one is suitable for Nanostation AC loco due to lack of RAM.

i upgrade the last firmware
ubnt_nanostation-ac-loco-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin 80b7b2c78e926b60988cff76aac0e6276781cd0e26749c2ff983ad240ddfedb4

the eth0 it's not working and I lost the old firmware the last firmware its kernel 4.14.81
and the old it's working normally but i don't know the version how can i fix the eth0 I thinking its kernel version v4.14.81
i can't enter by web luic or ssh or any thing its light either on mikrotik but not working and not give me ip or any thing

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
one thing fixing and one more thing its fill in trouble
any one helping me please

You're saying that you don't get a link light on the other router when you plug the Ethernet cable in? And this exact same hardware worked before?

Note that the AC loco only has one LED, and it is not controlled by software-- it only shows that power is plugged in.

These are very easy to pop open (no tools needed, just push the latch on the back and slide the works out the bottom) and hook up serial. I think the serial header pins are already installed.

the device it's working normally with wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz if I update firmware and keep setting
and I can enter to ssh and install luci every thing works only things not working ETH0
if i plug in cable to switch the port of switch it's lighting but not received any TX or RX from eth0

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
i so disappointed :disappointed_relieved: after updating last firmware
how can compile the kernel only

1 Like

You compile a firmware with the kernel version you desire...but I don't think that's what you're seeking.

How to disable DFS channels and higher tx power for working any channels from 5180 to 5865
I can compelling firmware

I have installed this version but it doesnt respond to me Can you help me