Perl - error: unknown type name 'off64_t'; did you mean 'off_t'?

while compiling perl (latest snapshot) i came across these errors that are making me unable to compile the entire package

@aarch64-openwrt-linux-musl-gcc -c -DPERL_CORE -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a53 -fno-caller-saves -fno-plt -fhonour-copts -I/home/rmandrad/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/usr/include -I/home/rmandrad/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/include/fortify -I/home/rmandrad/staging_dir/toolchain-aarch64_cortex-a53_gcc-12.2.0_musl/include -O2 -Wall -fPIC -DPERL_IS_MINIPERL -DPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB opmini.c
In file included from op.c:163:
perl.h:2494:22: error: unknown type name 'off64_t'; did you mean 'off_t'?
 2494 | #       define Off_t off64_t
      |                      ^~~~~~~
make[3]: *** [Makefile:304: opmini.o] Error 1

this seems to be an issue related with musl after searching the web ... anyone came across this error ?

created issue https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/21013

reverted back to gcc12.2 as a workaround until issues with the gcc are resolved (noticed xtables-addons also failing)

just a quick update solution was to upgrade to musl2.4 (see issue) and have on the makefile for perl a CFLAGS with LARGFILE64_SUPPORT

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.