Original firmware overwrites OpenWrt every reboot

I would like to confirm that the 14-step procedure I mentioned is indeed what I did, not a typo.

@bill888 is correct, the sysupgrade flash does something really strange. No idea what...

What also might be useful to know is:

• I don't think I tried flashing the OpenWrt factory image from within OpenWrt
  • I did try flashing the sysupgrade from within Linksys, but it refuses to accept the image

I had issues with a Linksys EA7300 v2 that arose when I switched from a DSL/1port router to a cable modem. I watched the front panel blink through 3 cycles of booting than fall back to the Linksys image. I found a post that some cable modems only provide a DHCP address on startup so I powered on the router and modem at the same time and the router booted right into OpenWRT. I'm suspicious that Linksys MT7621 devices running OpenWRT will fail to boot if a DHCP address is not available to the WAN port (have not tested to see if jack sensing may play a role).

I also enable the rc.local env commands but noted that the rc.local on my 21.02.1 release was not executable.
ls -al /etc/rc.local
to check.

I remember your post a few weeks ago. I can't tell more as I don't use this device. I installed it for a relative.