Orange light with Linksys e8450 while restoring the vendor/official firmware

Nope...@daniel's instructions said 192.168.1.254/24

Go back and re-read that thread.

2 Likes

Cool, Last day i have tried the same but it not worked, as i checked in TFTP configure prop, it except /34. i tried and its works, today it works for /24.

Thanks Guys, once again you Rocks :star_struck: :love_you_gesture:

Glad it worked out.

In would highly recommend that you bookmark these three posts of @daniel's from the other thread...they were the actual solution.

1 Like

For this to work you would also need to write the backup files. Writing only the vendor firmware alone cannot work. You will also need to revert back to the vendor preloader, U-Boot and devinfo (ie. /dev/mtd0, /dev/mtd1 and beginning of /dev/mtd3).
See https://github.com/dangowrt/linksys-e8450-openwrt-installer#restoring-the-vendorofficial-firmware

2 Likes

Dear @daniel , I don't have backup files, is there any possibility to go stock firmware for me?

The installer should have generated backup files, see

mkdir /tmp/boot_backup
mount -t ubifs ubi0:boot_backup /tmp/boot_backup

If you have re-run the installer after already having OpenWrt installed without copying these backup files off the device, what you will have is just a copy of the previous OpenWrt bootchain (rather than the vendor bootchain).
You can easily verify that using

hexdump -C /tmp/boot_backup/mtd3

If you see anyting related to UBI there, the backup files are of no use.
In this case, contact me via PM, I can share a copy of my backup files with you if needed.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.