Optimized build for the D-Link DIR-860L

Mine not but there are some strange entries, check by yourself.
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkiCb4sWIaPLgc5BSshImF7jU0gkNg

Nothing too strange, luckily :sweat_smile:
This seems to be the culprit:

Wed Sep 19 08:00:31 2018 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA f4:29:98:cb:0b:c4 IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity Wed Sep 19 08:00:32 2018 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA f4:29:98:cb:0b:c4 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

Possible solution can be found here. Let me know if this fixes your problem.

did it, will left it 1 day and i will send you the syslog again!

1 Like

I have re-installed r8064 and yes, the log was full of "deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)".
After making the workaround proposed in the link you provided, the issue seems gone!!!
Many thanks for it!

Now the question is, why with r18.06.1 I had no problem using the standard settings but with trunk optimized releases I needed the workaround string?

ps: Today I tested only the wifi with my xiaomi android phone but I had the same issue also with my work laptop. Next week I'll check also with the laptop if the workaround string solved also the laptop issue (most probably, yes).

1 Like

here take my syslog 15 hours with the fix (seems that my Xiaomi mi5S phone deny to cooperate)!!
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkiCb4sWIaPLgc5CHTjDrt-DzI8SXQ

here the fix test (seems that fix is present)

ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ap_isolate=1
bss_load_update_period=60
chan_util_avg_period=600
disassoc_low_ack=1
preamble=1
wmm_enabled=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
uapsd_advertisement_enabled=1
wpa_group_rekey=86400
wpa_passphrase=********
auth_algs=1
wpa=2
wpa_pairwise=CCMP
ssid=KostandinosNet_home5G
bridge=br-lan
wpa_disable_eapol_key_retries=0
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
okc=0
disable_pmksa_caching=1
bssid=e8:cc:18:fd:7f:26

You mean these lines?:

Fri Sep 21 15:06:49 2018 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA f4:29:98:cb:0b:c4 IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity Fri Sep 21 15:06:50 2018 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA f4:29:98:cb:0b:c4 IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

Open "/etc/config/wireless" with an editor and add under the "iface" sections:

option disassoc_low_ack '0'

Restart wireless and test if that fixes the problem.

i can understand my phone, sometimes when i move signal falls and data corrupt, but if you check the same is happening to my laptop, check the other MAC with same disconnections 04.xx my laptop is about 3 meters away from the router, there is no reason for it to fail with 100% signal, i will do the changes as soon i will go home and after 5 hours will send you the syslog

1 Like

Can be due to hardware not cooperating with each other. I have a hunch it is related to power saving mechanisms but how to test those?
Are you able to use a wired connection and check if the same problems persist? Then we can be sure it is WiFi and not something else.

@all, a new version of mt76 dropped in the OpenWRT git so my server is building right now. Also, vDSO just got re-enabled for MIPS so certain syscalls should be faster with it. Interesting stuff!

@all, testing r8089 and so far so good.

1 Like

Already my pc is wired connected with a mac 30.xx as you see doesnt have the issue. Just the 2 wireless devices do. Laptop with Mac 04.xx and my phone. Both on 5Ghz band.

Doh, reading is hard sometimes.
Another thing you can try is unchecking "Allow legacy 802.11b rates" for each wireless interface.
Wireless >> Edit >> Under "Device Configuration" click "Advanced settings" and uncheck "Allow legacy 802.11b rates".

I am always unchecking it because i have only ac devices but today even if the syslog says i had disconnection my phone was taking emails and notifications all day.

Then try checking it :slight_smile:

New build, r8089, is up in the OP. See the OP for the most notable changes.
During 4 hours of testing (wired + both wireless bands) with an Acer laptop and a Xiaomi Mi A1, I did not run into any problems but of course YMMV!
Please give feedback about how this build works for you. The more we know, the better it is going to be.

1 Like

@Bartvz
With my productive unit i'm still using r7540... Do you think it's a good idea to backup my current config and load it into r8089?

edit: is the following commit inclued in the latest build?

do I need to manually fix the deauth issue, or is it predone?

Cheers,
J

I've upgraded to the latest build and restore my old config. Everything seems to be alright...

That commit is included.

You need to do it manually. I might include it if more people run into that problem. I myself do not so that is why I did not include it.

A backup is always a good idea. If something goes awry you can restore to a working setup.
With that being said, did I forget to include ebtables? :confused:

Upps, yea just realised that ebtables is not included and sadly i'm not able to install it via software...

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ebtables:
 * 	kernel (= 4.14.71-1-d63b4c9ecca3bdf1400da7a1507747a1) * 
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ebtables.

Please be so kind and include it in the next build. Ebtables is crucial for my setup.

1 Like

@Kherby new build uploaded to the same Dropbox folder with ebtables and -utils included.

1 Like

Thank you very much <3