Optimized build for the D-Link DIR-860L

Tx power can't really be improved without attaching your own external antennas (which some people have done), but even without the, I can get decent signal up to about 50 feet away through 3 walls in my single story home.

Crowded WiFi too, with several 5Ghz neighbor routers as well as 20+ 2.4Ghz routers detectable.

Master officially switched to Kernel 4.14 and hardware NAT is included as well :slight_smile: Just FYI :wink:

2 Likes

great news!!! Waiting for a testing build :innocent:

Do you have problems with mount?
LuCI Mount menu is disappeared...

Is this in the experimental build from nbd's git?

@All, new build in the op. Enjoy!

What do you mean?

Referring to this:

No from master, have you tried?

@Bartvz would be nice if you can add the basic ddns related packages (ddns-scripts and luci-app-ddns) as I cannot upgrade remotely to your builds because of those are missing. Thanks!

Fixed with latest commits

New build uploaded with luci-app-ddns included.

Good to hear! I myself don't use USB storage with my router. If something is up again, let me know!

1 Like

@Bartvz thanks, just updated to it. Works fine.

One more thing which gets quite annoying: I try to set up openvpn for multiple times now, but it seems I am never fast enough and the master kernel changes:

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for openvpn-openssl:
 *      kernel (= 4.14.32-1-0643775945eeef3b6bc3f0c7a01e8f0d) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-openssl.

Can you please inculde at least the two most used VPN packages that are kernel dependent? One is "openvpn-openssl" the other is "kmod-mppe" . The rest of the packages (like luci apps and other dependencies) can be installed manually, but this two packages should be included.

Have you tried installing with the --force-depends flag? That should do it.
I haven't included those as WireGuard is included. It is faster, less complex and more secure then either OpenVPN or PPP.

1 Like

FYI, new mt76 driver in the master branch :slight_smile: Lots of mt7621 goodies lately :smiley:

1 Like

Thus there is a new build in the OP :wink:
And, yes, next to flow offload also very good work being done for us mt7621 users :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is an updated mt76 driver so there is a new build in the op, enjoy!

2 Likes

Just to clear up some confusion. According to @nbd, hw flow offload (which is enabled on this build in /etc/config/firewall) is not compatible with SQM. I would suggest turning off any SQM/QoS now.

My DSLReports speedtest with Sqm turned off, and hw flow offload on:

To be honest it is not completely clear to me, but if hw flow offload skips certain parts of the linux network stack then it will not cooperate with SQM QoS. However, I was under the impression that it does not skip the qdisc and therefore SQM QoS still works. Please correct me if I am wrong.

@All, new build in the OP. The goodies keep coming for our device!

@Bartvz
I found this: Hardware NAT For LEDE

@craz @Bartvz

Here @nbd states that HW offload does not work with SQM: Hardware NAT For LEDE