Optimized build for the D-Link DIR-860L

A1 isn't supported by OpenWRT/Lede unfortunately.

Completely different SoC.

Different SoC with closed source drivers. So if someone doesn't take op the work to work on an alternative driver it is not going to change soon unfortunately :confused:

@All, NBD dropped some flow offload patches for connection handling in the master branch. So, if my new build behaves, there is a new build tomorrow!

2 Likes

yay, cant wait! =)

Ye me too !!!
My productive unit is running over 7 days now without any problem @LEDE Reboot 17.01-SNAPSHOT r3909.
Hopefully your next build will be as stable as the one which i'm using right now, but i'm quite confident. :slight_smile:

And latest build loses internet connectivity after a while using flow offload and hw flow offload :confused:
However, NBD, dropped a fifth commit considering flow offload so my server is building once again.

So, it should be fixed in the new build!

2 Likes

@Bartvz do you know if the problem with the update has been solved?
Thanks

No problems running my new build (r7188) with flow offload and hw flow offload for around ±16 hours with ± 10 devices connected. No buildup of a huge amount of connections so that seems to be fixed. However, keep in mind that flow offload is a new beast so it is bound to have some bugs not worked out yet.

@All, new build (r7188) available in the OP!

2 Likes

@All, new build tonight because of a new version of mt76 driver and the commit I listed earlier which should improve routing throughput dropped in the master branch.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bartvz :slight_smile:

<3 @Bartvz

And r7274 is up, enjoy!

Just noticed this so a new build tomorrow. Good times to own a mt7621 device!

3 Likes

New build is up in the OP. The latest mt76 driver should fix the large oscillations in the 5 GHz throughput :slight_smile:

1 Like

OpenWrt 18.06RC1 is on the OpenWrt download servers since ~6h.
I've noticed reasonably improved DLink 860L Wifi throughput, compared to the rather old 17.01.4. Wifi feels more snappy.
I do not know so far, if the fix you have mentioned is also contained in RC1. Also my tests were to short to be able to notice any oscillations.

Yes, 16.06RC1 contains the latest mt76 driver.

Hi, with latest builds I have this problem Pppoe dials took 5 minutes :confused:

In which of the latest builds did this problem start?

Did you guys allready tested Bartvz latest build ?
Does it run well ? I'm planing to replace Lede Snapshot 17.01 r3909 with one of his builds but i need to make sure it will be stable as some clients are relying on this switch + AP...

That sounds really good... Are you talking about the latest build of Bartvz (r7301) ?

Well, i don't think this is production ready build by nature. The idea is to have new features and improvements specific to mt76 a lot faster than the normal builds. Also we are like 20-30 active users (testers) and one developer/maintainer (thanks again @Bartvz ) which means we can not test every aspect of it. If you need mission critical AP/router get such device with the required features otherwise be prepared for some downtimes/reboots etc.

I usually upgrade a week after a build is released and didn't have any issues so far.

1 Like

I've also got two other DIR-860L's, i might test the newest build with one of them but it's not a real productive test imho...
So i will wait as well and if no evil bug report appears i'll flash the latest build...
A bit more/better Wifi throughput would be great, for example my Sony TV struggles abit to get a stable 1080p @Amazon Prime Video via 5GHz Wifi !!