Optimized build for IPQ40xx devices

Checkout the branch, or apply the patch and compile an image on your own.

friend forgive me, I don't know how to do that, I'm just a man looking to improve his equipment. I'll see some tutorial or something that leads me to make my own builds.

I not see different for 2.4 of wireless without and with this patch. Mayble this work good in worse wireless than my....

did you get to compile some version or just apply the patch

And this is not same? I patched apply on last snapshoot openwrt (on kernel 5.10.111 based). As far as I know, you can't apply a patch without compiling (but I is beginner in build openwrt, but and in programming :)). Patch from link

Thank you @NoTengoBattery
Not sure anyone realized 3.0.1 was rebuilt including packages for wireguard are now ok.
Many thanks!!

3 Likes

Would it be possible to switch from wpad-basic to wpad-full in your builds? Or possibly include the DAWN package?

Are there any patches in your build that have not been merged to master yet?

1 Like

Hello, everyone!

I'm still alive! My team is in the final months of an MVP, so we are getting very very busy lately and when I take a break, I do it away from the screens.

I've been paying attention here. I see that we've 2 pending releases. Also, I see that you're trying some patches and need some packages.

I'll build the remaining versions, so, tell me if I there's something that may be worth to include there!

2 Likes

Hello friend, i ask you to apply the patches regarding wifi and in the issue of irq balance, there is an x-wrt compilation in which it has managed to solve these gross performance issues but, regarding connectivity and wifi distance is terrible, i would like that it would be able to apply the adequate corrections so that this device could be used to its maximum capacity.

1 Like

Please improve the Wifi performance at 2.4 Mhz Linksys Ea6350 V3 it is very unstable and very short distance, I had to go back to the factory version which does not present such problems..

Thank you

I join the requests of Andredpe and denisr24- I suggest switching to DW06 calibration for 2.4 (It seems stable since writing post from link and improves coverage). As for the transfers for 2.4, I can't tell what could be the reason for their reduction from 1/3 to even 1/2 compared to 5G (keeping in mind the known limitations, but for 100Mbps and non-noisy environments they should be very close and are not). I suggest switching ath10k driver (not kmod) on version non -ct also- for better performance on 2.4GHz wireless.
Please add usb-modeswitch package for better 3G/LTE dongle handling to default images.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that there's not a lot that we can do to fix the WiFi performance if we don't know the real cause of that.

So, for the next build, we would have the following changes (at once). If you need or want to isolate one change, you can cherry-pick the related commit and build it yourself, test it and tell us your findings.

1. Change the driver set to the non-ct drivers

@uniqe13 can you give me a little bit more of context via PM? I can't seem to understand such a long thread!

@NoTengoBattery do you have any predictions when you will compile another version? Can you solve the irabalance issue?

Explain me the issue with details via PM.

No have nothing to understand ;)...

In shortcut:

• calibrating DK06 (boardData_1_0_IPQ4019_DK06_2G) from there is better than other on long distance- but this one's missing from you the build. Please add this to testcalibration (there are other than DK06 and from your build- also in place from link),
  • ath10k is better than ath10k-ct in speed of download in ea6350v3 devices, in other mayble are differently,

In problem slow speed in wireless mayble help (I not tested yet):

There may also be a slight benefit:

• change rate control algorythm (from minstrel_ht on other >> I tested minstrel-blues but see no bigger bennefits)
  • change TCP congestion control algorythm (from reno/cubic on BBR/ Hybla/ YeAH >> tested, but this are very small differents (1-2%)

Actually, that's it in a nutshell.

From other problem- please add usb-modeswitch packet to your build to automate the connection of certain LTE modems.

Hello! I was searching on the image list page for the Asus Lyra, but it is not :sob: @NoTengoBattery what do you need to include de sysupgrade image for the Asus Lyra MAP-AC2200? I mean other than you precious time :slight_smile:

I apply patch from http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2022-April/013511.html
and are any positive resultats..., but this it not it yet.
Testing of wireless 2.4G with 10 meters- before patch was 18-21Mbps internet/ 20-22Mbps with iperf, and now it is 18-24Mbps internet of LTE/ 25-30Mbps iperf.

EDIT: ... placebo effect ?. It no work (no boot complete ea6350v3, while to modules.conf I added line option ath10k-core frame_mode=2) ... or I somewhere have made a mistake. Add files 'modules.conf' with option to image and write to router is boot error, but write option in file on worked router and restart router worked (no error, but no worked patch mayble)

EDIT 2: ok, it was an incomplete patch, now it works. But still the results are inconclusive. At 2.4G 10meters it is similar as before. At 2 meters from the ea6350 it is better - even like over cable (with no clients and clear ether, i.e. 35 vs 34-36Mbps), but also not always. In 5G of wireless slighty was better than without patch.

EDIT 3: Is also patch https://lore.kernel.org/all/1533724802-30944-2-git-send-email-wgong@codeaurora.org/ yet to tests.... but it stay on future

Hello, everyone!
I released the latest version to my server. Please go ahead and check it out. I will not include all requested changes in this version, but this one includes:

• Added new calibrations (STARLINK)
    • If we need to change the default calibration, first someone has to prove objectively that the newer one works better
  • Patched AR40xx (added calibration delays)
  • Added usb-modeswitch
  • Using ath10k driver and firmware instead of the ath10k-ct versions

Any other pending changes that you would like to add, please, let me know down here in the thread.

1 Like