Opkg_download: Check your network settings and connectivity

Hello. There are two routers in my network. The first one with standard tp-link firmware, the second one with openwrt firmware. The second is configured to receive the Internet via a cable from the first. DHCP is disabled. I have the Internet, but I can't install new packages. the command fails due to lack of connection.

Is dns resolution working properly on the openwrt? If you go to the command line and try something like "ping www.google.com", does it resolve the name?

If you're using static addresses (rather than DHCP client), you have to ensure that gateway/ subnet mask and DNS server addresses are configured correctly.

2 Likes

TY for reply, if you mean the command in CMD windows, then yes, it works, the server pings.

I make some changes in lan settings and make a bridge with wan, now cable from 1st router putting in wan of second router and its work correctly

Sorry if my english bad.

1 Like

Do the test from the Network > Diagnostics page.

You really don't want to bridge lan and wan

It is possible that your IPv6 is not turned off

1 Like

Any particular reason you are bumping a 3 year old thread?

@xiaoma thank you for this hint. I never thought it's due to the IPv6 issue.
when I do opkg update, it gives the same error. Then I tried wget the package file, turns out the IPv6 gateway is not operable. The upper stream (1st tier) router is also a OpenWRT router, and I have no idea why the OpenWRT 1st tier router DHCP assigns a IPv6 address to the downstream even though our ISP doesn't support IPV6.

It confuses the 2nd tier Openwrt router and the opkg connection tried via IPV6 but doesn't fallback to IPV4.

1 Like

supplement:
It seems to me that this issue didn't occur in previous version but only in the latest 23.05 stable release.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.