OpenWrt WIFI AX + 802.3ad Bonding

Dear all,

I am invesstigating about migrating to WIFI AX.
My home network is full 10Gbe using fiber.

Does it make sense to connect an OpenWRT AP to wired network using a 802.3ad bonding with 3 or 4 x 1 Gbit wires. I don't want to use copper with 2.5 Gbit or more as it heats too much and this wastes a lot of energy (and heats too much, especially in summer).

Under OpenWRT AX device, is a switch able to handle 802.3ad Bonding?
Will it be fully accelerated and does it make sense to use bonding?

Kind regards,
FF

At this point, the answer is probably 'no'.

We're starting with a rather small device base to begin with (mt7621+mt7915 and mt7622+mt7915) - and at least in those cases, the switch uplink to the SOC (the CPU port) is (afaik) limited to 1 GBit/s, so bonding won't gain you anything. Where it applies, the >>1 GBit/s ports are typically not part of the switch, but sit on a dedicated PHY (typically Aquantia based so far) and mostly copper based (2.5GBASE-T) for now (more to come with ipq807x, there also covering 5GBASE-T, 10GBASE-T and some rare devices with SFP+).

EDIT: Btw. that's exactly what I meant in 2.5 - 10 Gbps internet - #59 by slh, >1 GBit/s devices are slowly coming to the prosumer/ high-end consumer market, but so far pretty much exclusively using copper based ethernet.