OpenWrt kernel 5.0.11-13 no Guest LAN Internet Access

Hi there,

couple days ago i update openwrt on my pi to 5.0.11 since then my guest and iot wlan has no internet access.

seems like they cant reach my pihole dns.

network is on 192.168.55.x dns on 192.168.0.10

i had already 2 traffic rules to accept the traffic.

for test i added a rule to accept every traffic from guestlan zone to 192.168.0.10 - no change.

if i connect with my laptop and change the dns to 8.8.8.8 it works well.

i have no logs on my pihole from devices of the x.55. network.

looking for help :slight_smile:
thank you

There is no 5.0.11 version of OpenWrt. Maybe you're talking about the kernel version?

Let's start here, and we'll get more info after this:

Please run the following commands (copy-paste the whole block) and paste the output here, using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have

ubus call system board
ubus call system board
{
        "kernel": "5.10.90",
        "hostname": "x",
        "system": "ARMv8 Processor rev 3",
        "model": "Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2",
        "board_name": "raspberrypi,4-model-b",
        "rootfs_type": "ext4",
        "release": {
                "distribution": "OpenWrt",
                "version": "SNAPSHOT",
                "revision": "r18531-0f50d3daff",
                "target": "bcm27xx/bcm2711",
                "description": "OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r18531-0f50d3daff"
        }
}

sorry thought this it the version

Ok... so you're running a snapshot. But the kernel version you have now does not match what you said earlier. Nevertheless... [EDIT: where did this image come from?]

Any particular reason that you are running a snapshot instead of a normal stable release build? Are there specific things about snapshot that you want/need?

i started with this snapshot while ago. because there was no raspberry 4 version of openwrt.
since then i never changed.

I'd recommend installing the stable release now: 21.02.1. Use the firmware selector to download and install it.

ok nice. can i import my settings ?

wich one schould i install?

I would recommend making a backup and then installing fresh. Do not restore your backup, but rather use it as a reference (if you need it) to recreate your settings.

Take a look at the information here about how to install OpenWrt onto your Pi.

1 Like

this is a custom build so you should seek help for it here rather than on the general forum

thread title says lan and comment above says wlan... i'll assume its wireless related...

basically psherman s advice is pretty much correct in that if you had something working already on older firmware... there have been reported issues with onboard wifi since the original 21.02.1 build/release...

anyone using onboard wifi should stick to the original 21.02.1 images and not upgrade packages...

fwiw: i've never seen a dual ssid (iot + guest) functional on these devices... so it would be news to me if you'd achieved that...

2 Likes

Sry i think i missexplained.

Its all LAN i dont use WLAN on my pi4.

I try alot of different checkboxes, Like : local Services only

For now i didnt figure Iit out :frowning:

im gonna ask there, thank you.

That is only for DNS.

I'd recommend installing a fresh copy of 21.02.1 as I had suggested earlier. Do not use your previous backup, but you can use that as a reference as you configure 21.02.1.