OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX9000

It is only safe to force if you did the rootfs merge. Otherwise backup your config and follow the instructions here: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/016c98dc591c1d6b1b8d99ee6e24ce233a2ecf38.

1 Like

Oh okay thanks! Already did the merge free spacing showing 149MB

In my case the wifi radio doesn't work, all freq are disabled on that radio + luci shows 255 dBm.
Looks like Ansuel bumped iwinfo version and it will "restore iterating over all devices in nl80211_phy2ifname()"
I'm going to wait for the next build to kick in and then try it (probably tomorrow)

2 Likes

That should fix this issue finally

1 Like

I built the latest version, (git pull, make oldconfig, make).

The max power menu seems to be fixed. The radio1 still not usable, all frequencies disable, also the channel menu missing from luci.

Matti

Which one is radio1 as just that name means nothing to me?

Qualcomm Atheros IPQ8074 I assume it is the higher band 5G radio.

Need to try it out later today

2 Likes

Thanks @robimarko!
A few posts above there is kernel log that could help with investigating the problem at hand (OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX9000 - #1131 by RobertP)
Pity that Ansuel's commit (to bump a package version) didn't help

I'll test also the snapshot when ready. Not sure about my skills in building yet.

The new snapshot didn't solve the problem

Ugh, so before enabling it channel list is fine however enabling it spits the regulatory error from ath11k.

So, setting ETSI regulatory is killing it.

Any hope for a quick fix?

No idea, I am not seeing what is the obvious cause for the issue as the regulatory info allows using that channel.

I am quite busy with work, so my time poking around ipq807x is reduced to look into every possible thing

1 Like

Sure no problem
Can you at least replicate it on your router?

Yeah, as soon as country code is set its reproduced

1 Like

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I'm facing the exact same issues.

Which ones? The flashing of prebuilt images part was a simple mistake: OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX9000 - #1130 by Bulkin . Haven't tried compiling my own openwrt since.

Hmm, I used both xiaomi_ax9000-initramfs-factory.ubi and xiaomi_ax9000-squashfs-factory.ubi after enabling SSH in the original software and both resulted in either a bootloop or an indefinite orange light.

• If squashfs is flashed, the LEDs are solid orange and wan port led is solidly lit also.
  • with initramfs the orange LEDs are on for a few secs then off for a sec, then on again. It seem to bootloop.

Am I missing something I should do? Iā€™m following the exact steps as noted here.

Do you have the CN or international model?

International model!