OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX9000

What is a chance for/state of 4096-qam support?

is
ubiformat /dev/mtd22 -y -f /tmp/openwrt-ipq807x-generic-xiaomi_ax9000-squashfs-nand-factory.ubi
via ssh valid flashing method?

Where I can download openwork.bin for Xiaomi AX9000?

https://github.com/robimarko/openwrt/releases Unofficial builds are here

is bin working for Xiaomi ax9000?

Searching through this thread, it seems the 2.4GHZ radio do does not work.
Is this the case and is there any hope that it'll be resolved some day?

My understanding is that

• IoT WiFI (AC) - works
  • 2.4 GHz Wifi (AX) + one of 5GHz (AX) bands works (but not both 5GHz concurrently)
    There is a hope to fix the above problem ... but no one knows when it will be fixed
2 Likes

Il be damned(Or whatever the say goes), it looks like I figured out a not-so-horribly hacky workaround to allow AHB and PCI to live together.
As thought, it was a QMI conflict where they were both trying to use the same session.

8 Likes

Well, its still broken, I cannot connect to AP on the PCI card.
To be honest I dont even remember if that was the case with PCI only loaded.

Ugh, so with a generic BDF I can connect just fine.

2 Likes

Wow, amazing, can't believe it. So should I give it a try or is it still in developement?

It has been pushed, though there is an issue with the BDF as you cannot connect

Can I get the generic BDF somewhere? What do I have to do to use it?
No hurry, won't test it before weekend..

Dont include the modified ipq-wifi and edit DTS variant.

Yey! Great news!

are we loosing anything by using the generic BDF?

Generic BDF will lack tuning for the specific RF amplifier, but something is obviously incorrect currently in it.
Xiaomi did release a new FW for AX9000 in long time and they say it improves performance, so I will check if they tweaked the BDF maybe.

2 Likes

Interesting
Are there any tools to extract from the tuned BDF these specific settings applicable to the device amplifier and then to embed these settings into the generic BDF?

Not public ones, but even if there were good luck figuring out whether ODM changed a value or just the default changed in the meantime.

Any news on this check?

Nope, did not even unpack it so far

If you could got a copy of full qsdk pack... there's a tool inside which could help converting bdf to csv file.