OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX9000

Have you tried

ubidetach -p /dev/mtd22

?

After many tries made it to work

Successfully flashed the device, but why USB port is not available on in the devices list? I just installed openwrt on my AX9000 router specially for iPhone Hotspot Tethering, which in this build nor th3 usb port is present nor the packages of usb tethering are installed, is there anyone know how to fix this?

I think that was due to previous problems with this device
Not many people used ax9000 and did not reported issues ...
I think in most cases the community could help fixing the issues but we need to report issues here (as you did)

1 Like

USB port works, but obviously packages for tethering are not part of the default ones

2 Likes

For all interested, Here is the generic BDF for the QCN074.
Copy the content, run as shell script and you will get a tar.gz.

4 Likes

You have to install many packages to use that tethering.

As @robimarko do not provide yet packages compiled for this target, I can share the ipkg files over dropbox. PM me.

1 Like

The wiki is now updated with the procedure shared by @bruda .

2 Likes

It work like a charm!!!
Thank you very much :+1:

Could you give a tip on how to get that?

Thanks.

you will need to build i2c-tools

if you are using github actions just add a y to CONFIG_PACKAGE_i2c-tools

or otherwise using menuconfig in "Utilities" you will find the package

1 Like

What's the difference between compiling it or install through the shared openwrt repo?

Thanks.

you could try to do "opkg update" and then "opkg install " .... but you will need to do it everytime you upgrade / reinstall a new firmware update... this is until of course it comes to mainstream openwrt

What is the model of fan controller? Pictures from acwifi isn't that clear.

The wiki has now better and friendly flash instructions to avoid that bad experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems the EMC2301 is also present on the Raspberry CM4 board: https://github.com/tmsmr/cm4iofan

how to use the /lib/firmware/ath11k/QCN9074/hw1.0/board-2.bin file in openwrt source code? thanks for reply :grinning:

SSH in your AX9000, and replace the /lib/firmware/ath11k/QCN9074/hw1.0/board-2.bin with the patched board-2.bin then reboot.

1 Like

Seem driver for emc2301 is already in mainline kernel, just needs backporting:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-hwmon/patch/20220810171552.56417-3-michaelsh@nvidia.com/