OpenWrt support for Xiaomi AX3000T

This is not a snapshot! This is a release version with kernel 5.15.137

so it turns out I am an idiot. I extracted your sysupdate image of 12-12 then selected a snapshot image instead and did not understand what was going on. I recognize my failing and will be sure to correct it :slight_smile:

Hi, I tried to post this question to the "Installing and using Openwrt" section but I had no reply. So, I try again here.

I installed successfully Openwrt and OpenWrt U-Boot (including recovery boot feature).

Now, how can I test if U-Boot is working well? How can I enter it? Is there a web GUI or it can be used only with a tftp server?

Thanks.

Just an update. I tried the debricking procedure here and it worked like a charm. I was trying the Windows TFTP method to no avail, but the "dnsmasq" on Linux did it. Rocking remittor's version right now. Thank you guys.

I just ordered one from Aliexpress and live in the US. Can someone clarify what power adapter it comes with? The pictures I've seen show a two flat prong adapter which should work in US sockets? I ordered one that said it includes an additional US adapter but is it even needed?

I just don't want to risk frying anything since it would be impossible to get exchanged but if I can unnecessary adapters and just use the one that comes with the unit that would be nice.

I'm also wondering if I could have just ordered one with a EU adapter that was $5 cheaper :slightly_smiling_face:

I was using the dimfish build but I had to migrate to the remittor build to use SQM, but now the maximum transmit power of the 5GHz radio is 26dbm (using country code BR or PA, channel 36, 80MHz) whereas before it was 28dbm. Is there any fix for this?

And about SQM, has anyone managed to configure it correctly to work with a 500Mbps download/upload link or similar? I tried to configure it but even sacrificing bandwidth to approximately 360Mbps there is still a bufferbloat of +50ms ping.

Any help is welcome, thank you very much!

Yes, the included adapter should work in the US. I ordered mine from AliExpress as well with an EU adapter/converter, the plug on the adapter itself looks like it is the same as the US standard.

1 Like

One of the recommended ways to get ssh access and openWRT firmware is the xmir-patcher program. Has anyone managed to make a backup on this router using this program, which is located under point 4?
I keep getting an error

ERROR: SSH execute command timed out! CMD: "dd if=/dev/mtd8 of=/tmp/mtd_dump.bin"

but on the AX3200 everything works and is saved.

Is there a chance that this model is not included in the 23.05.03 release?

I didn't test the xmir backup function, I used the script on this page to backup my AX3000T

There are ways to do everything without xmir-patcher, but with it it’s easier and faster. This is exactly what interests me.

I tried before and i was unable to create a full backup, but you cant use option 8 - 4 to create backup of some partitions.

You will get a error if you are trying this partitions: 0, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

On Windows, you can also try using Tiny PXE. :smiley:

1 Like

I tried it for Xiaomi AX3200 yesterday, everything works without problems. I don’t remember if this works for Redmi (Xiaomi) AX6000.

Sorry, I typed it wrong. You can actually use 8 - 4 option to backup and skip the partitions I mentioned earlier.

No. When you select non-automatic backup, the same error occurs when you select mtd 8, but there is no automatic reboot.

What are chances of this model being included in Openwrt 23.05.03 release?

I don know.
But I will personally make such an assembly and share it with everyone.

1 Like

Do you have an idea about the reduced transmission power on 5GHZ radio on your build I mentioned earlier?
Thanks for your work!

Thanks for this post, I sucessfully flashed OpenWRT 2024-02-04 snapshot with ubootmod (with recovery boot feature). All was working fine until I tryed to upgrade to a newer snapshot (2024-02-24) with the following command:

sysupgrade /tmp/openwrt-mediatek-filogic-xiaomi_mi-router-ax3000t-ubootmod-squashfs-sysupgrade.itb

The system rebooted but seems like in failsafe mode:

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                   117.8M     16.1M    101.6M  14% /
tmpfs                   117.8M    188.0K    117.6M   0% /tmp
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev

I tryed sysupgrade with the older image, but can't get out of this mode. What should I do?