OpenWrt support for Quamtum Access Q3

Hello everyone. I have an LTE/4G Access Q3 modem from the Mexican brand Quamtum. Unfortunately it is blocked for the use of SIM from a different company. I contacted the company and they couldn't help me.
I leave links to the photos, since I was not able to upload them in the post.

I leave you the link of the technical specifications.

When I connect it via mini-USB I get that it has a Qualcomm MDM9207 modem.

MDM9207

Disarm to see components.

Disarm 3
Disarm 4
Disarm 5
Disarm 6

It is also possible to configure the url from where you get system updates. Or local updates.
TR069

It is possible to install OpenWrt or release it in some way? Thanks in advance.

Can we get its serial log ?

Do you mean the one that comes on the label on the back of the modem?

S/N:7191XD7CLA120515620

No, the output of the devices boot sequence.

Excuse the ignorance. How do I get it?

sometimes it available somewhere in the webui, if not, you'll have to locate the serial
console on the PCB, and connect a USB TTL serial port device to it.

although I can't see any obvious spot for the console, in your photos :frowning:
could be the 8 soldered spots below the black D20106G brick, byt I'm not sure.

How do you connect via miniUSB?

With a V8 cable, with which an Android cell phone is connected. To a USB port on my computer.

Thanks frollic. Unfortunately the modem does not have a console in the webui.

I need to buy a USB to TTL CP2102 adapter, is that correct? Any particular model of adapter?

Usb a TTL CP2102

To these 8 points? I see the 5-pin adapter, how to connect them? Could the multimeter help me or how do I orient myself?

Once connected to the adapter, what do I do?

Something like that, yes, but perhaps one that supports multiple voltages.

I actually meant the ones above, but I'm only guessing.
if you can find the SoC schematics, perhaps you could try to trace the pins.

keep fingers X:ed and hope there's output :slight_smile:

I actually meant the ones above, but I'm only guessing.
if you can find the SoC schematics, perhaps you could try to trace the pins.

Do you mean the ones I marked with red? There are two groups of them, the other group I mark with blue.

keep fingers X:ed and hope there's output :slight_smile:

Once connected, I try to access the modem console from CMD? And from that point what can be done?
Sorry, I'm totally ignorant on the subject.

The DBG_RX test point near sim pins is suspicious. Try to uncover the rest by removing sticker around it. Also probing the LTE module around the edges, will probably result in UART pins (unless it's disabled). Remember to measure Voltage of the test points, because You can fry the SoC by connecting 3.3V UART adapter to 1.8V pins. Anyway that's probably one of Qualcomm mobile SoC which OpenWrt does not support. Read this topic UF896 - Qualcomm MSM8916 LTE router ~384MiB RAM/2.4GiB flash, Android: OpenWrt? maybe You'll find something applicable to Your device.

1 Like

I thought connecting viab miniusb cable gets you a shell (serial console). Is this the case?

Thanks tmn505.

Try to uncover the rest by removing sticker around it. Also probing the LTE module around the edges, will probably result in UART pins (unless it's disabled).

Read this topic UF896 - Qualcomm MSM8916 LTE router ~384MiB RAM/2.4GiB flash, Android: OpenWrt? maybe You'll find something applicable to Your device.

I already had a chance to read it, I don't see something applicable to my device. As I say, I'm very new to this.

How do you run a console? To see if connecting via USB it is possible to access?

How i run a shell (serial console)? Via CMD in windows?

Use putty with the USB TTL.

But again, make sure to use a 1.8V usb2serial adapter (most are not and only support 3.3/ 5 V)!

Has a lot of info, familiarize Yourself with it.

Also what's already written by:

Does adb shell work when connecting to it?

Just checking, what's the main reason for installing openwrt? Sim unlock?
I don't think openwrt can do that for you....