OpenWrt support for Grandstream GWN7664LR

I'm looking at the GWN7664LR and have pulled the fcc images showing IPQ8072A. I'm seeing that there's some progress on this but it's on some Xoami products and I didn't want to muddy those posts up. @robimarko looks like you've done the most work on the IPQ8072A, have you looked at this grandstream?

Unfortunately I just don't have the time to hack on this, hoping I can borrow some of that effort from others. I'm willing to buy and ship one of these untis to get it in a skilled person's hands.

A little off topic here, but I'm mostly just looking for an outdoor grade 4x4 ax product on openwrt because I need to run batman-adv on it. This unit fits the bill other than lack of available openwrt image.

Thanks.

Cant say I have seen this AP so far, whats the price anyway?

list $229, via distributor more like $155

That sounds decent, do you know if they are using anything special or just QSDK=

no idea, but grandstream tends to be on the cheaper end of things so I doubt they broke from the lowest-resistance path here.

Well, looks like the FW updates are encrypted or least encoded

you think it's worth your time to poke at?

Not really until the stock FW can be unpacked

1 Like

ok, I was kinda flipping back and forth on pursuing this or grabbing a banani pi r3 and putting it in my own box. Thanks.

Have a look at OpenWrt support for WAX218 or Dynalink DL-WRX36 Askey RT5010W IPQ8074 OpenWrt support .