OpenWrt support for Aruba AP-305

any progress?

Hi there,

Just checking to see whether anyone has had luck with the Aruba AP-305?

I've never compiled OpenWrt before but from reading the discussion the AP-305 is more like the AP-365 (and less like the AP-303) but with a QCA9990 chip in it.

So I'm going to try compiling with the updated parameters to see if that yields better results:

CONFIG_TARGET_ipq40xx=y
CONFIG_TARGET_ipq40xx_generic=y
CONFIG_TARGET_ipq40xx_generic_DEVICE_aruba_ap-365=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca4019=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca4019-ct-full-htt=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca4019-ct-htt=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca99x0=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca99x0-ct=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca99x0-ct-full-htt=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca99x0-ct-htt=m

Any suggestions welcome!

Any updates on your try to compile it? I got my hands on a few of these ap's..

Got initramfs booting without restarting after x time:

watchdog {
            compatible = "linux,wdt-gpio";
            gpios = <&tlmm 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
            hw_algo = "toggle";
            hw_margin_ms = <5000>;
            always-running;
    };

Only after flashing mtd1, immediate after Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK its booting again with status Reset: watchdog

1 Like

With other bootenv parameter i can start now succesfully from NAND:

setenv bootargs console=ttyMSM0,9600n8"
setenv nandboot_openwrt "ubi part aos1; ubi read 0x85000000 kernel; set fdt_high 0x87000000; bootm 0x85000000"
setenv bootcmd "run nandboot_openwrt"
saveenv

Unfortunate; still only 2.4ghz radio is functioning on OpenWrt 23.05-SNAPSHOT.. If anyone has experience to dump firmware/BDF from ubi-nand image, help is welcome :wink:

1 Like

I mistakenly thought that my Aruba AP12 was an AP11 (duh!) and flashed openwrt to it using AP11 instructions, but found, like others, that it would reboot shortly after booting.

I managed to wipe both partitions while troubleshooting so ended up with a bricked AP12.

More recently I found some instruction on flashing AP-303 image to an AP11 which also worked for flashing AP-305 to AP12 so it's at least back up and working again as an AP

I'd be interested if anyone has any further luck with getting OpenWRT functioning on the AP12/AP-305.