OpenWrt Support for Armor G5 (NBG7815)

this is strange, firewall is off and connection is stablished :confused:

T means Timeout.
Connection is not estabilished, check your tftp server if something was downloaded

1 Like

Thanks for the help, I will check it

I changed the tftp server and it worked.

Now I will try this steps again

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p7
dd if=/tmp/ApplicationData/openwrt/kernel of=/dev/mmcblk0p7

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p8 
dd if=/tmp/ApplicationData/openwrt/root of=/dev/mmcblk0p8

@itorK with this release (at this time is the latest one) I'm getting a boot loop both with .itb and root and kernel from the .bin

Edit:
With this ipq807x-2022-11-23-1115 works perfectly

With moment ago I comitted new working version

1 Like

I will also try to update the wiki with the installation and unbrick methods

1 Like

I'm even more confus now.

With the openWrt on NBG7815 https://github.com/itorK/openwrt/releases will I be able to get 1+gig NAT (last time I wrote routing, but really what i need fast is NAT, routing in about 1gbps range is engouh)? Ad regarding propertialy firmware to get 160hz - is it what is used by @itorK there or that is something I would need to research a lot how to do?

@evlo I did not understood your question, this is my speed test with this release:

context:
1gb connection
tested on my phone - Samsung galaxy s10e (with wifi ax)

Radio0 - 5.0

Radio1 - 2.4

Radio2 - 5.0

Edit: I did not test the latest version yet

my question was related to

and

1gbit from 5Ghz wifi interface means 160hz width is working at least on the interface it should be working :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Regarding the channels I can see them all, I tested with 36, and the width I can also see them all, but I tested with 80MHz (the 1.1Gbps was using this config)

Edit: @evlo please take in consideration that I'm not routing with the Armor G5, I have a Mikrotik CRS305 doing the routing and the Armor G5 is in AP mode

hum... not 100% true, you have a couple of mikrotik (which uses arm cpu) with 10GbE sfp+ (I have the CRS305) and they work really well, and have a low power consumption compared to a x86_64 (I also had a OptiPlex 3050 Micro with OPNsense)

I just ordered the ArmorG5 yesterday after your post, i always thought that 1gbps is impossible with 80hz, as that is my current setup with asus.
I also kinda wonder what will be ArmorG5 consumption when using it in AP only mode, as for the price it would be very nice AP for me - no sticking antennas and 3 wifi interfaces.

Worst case I will return it.

In the latest snapshot i've added proper LED's driver (lp5569).

Now everyone can light color as they like :boom:

Userspace defaults located with script:

/usr/bin/ledctl

and it's steering by RGB:

LED_1=001
LED_2=001
LED_3=100
LED_4=100
LED_5=001
LED_6=001

So if you turn on your device you will see 4 leds in blue color and 2 leds in red color.

There are 18 LED - 6 Red, 6 Green and 6 Blue and also Microcode( or pattern) which provides britghtness and fades, more explanation on the site:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/leds/leds-lp55xx.html

4 Likes

I am getting the following error in the DD command. What would be the reason?

Is u-boot access required to install the firmware?

/dev/zero always return that kind of information, it's normal and this is used for clean up partition

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p7
dd if=/tmp/ApplicationData/openwrt/kernel of=/dev/mmcblk0p7

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p8 
dd if=/tmp/ApplicationData/openwrt/root of=/dev/mmcblk0p8

I installed OpenWrt firmware using these commands. However, when you turn the device off and on, it boots on Zyxel firmware.

I"ve same problem. I don"t know what to do.
I've try with 3 different zyxel's firmware, V6, V7 and V8 in device and 2 different root and kernel files. I"m waiting for a new ttl usb conector to try another way to flash.

Which Zyxel firmware do you use? v7 or v8?

Check your primary boot partition for kernel and rootfs:

cat /proc/boot_info/rootfs/primaryboot
cat /proc/boot_info/0:APPSBL/primaryboot 

If you will see 0 then change:
a) kernel partition to mmcblk0p3
b) rootfs parition to mmcblk0p4

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3
dd if=/tmp/ApplicationData/openwrt/kernel of=/dev/mmcblk0p3

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p4
dd if=/tmp/ApplicationData/openwrt/root of=/dev/mmcblk0p4

1 Like

Guys,
Can someone who has v8 firmware provide the contents of the file?

cat /tmp/FWFile/fw_info
1 Like