OpenWRT/LEDE on Watchguard Firebox X10e?

Hello everybody,

I have been dealing with OpenWRT / LEDE briefly. When cleaning in the basement I found a Watchguard Firebox X10e Edge again. According to an entry in the documentation of pfsense runs on the mentioned Firebox a Linux on ARM, which theoretically means that OpenWRT / LEDE can run on it.

Does anyone know of you whether and how it is possible to install OpenWRT / LEDE on the Firebox? Google was unfortunately looking at this time not my friend :frowning:

I thank you ever before

nm, I mixed this one up with the X5*** series.

"Possible" in the sense of "could it be done": Yes, almost certainly. LEDE runs on the IXP4xx architecture and the machine has more than enough horsepower and memory to pull it off.

However, it is not supported as of yet. Which in this case means that nobody created the necessary target for it, and the reason may be as simple as none of the devs actually having one of the machines.

Thank you for your answers. I've seen that the Watchguard Firebox X10e is partly very cheap (under 25 $ partial) on eBay.

Perhaps this page helps to create a target:

Https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Watchguard_Firebox_Edge

The X10e is suitable as a router which can also be installed a notebook WLAN card

You should be able to get it going with the same branch as Watchguard X21 ...
see ttps://github.com/greguu/linux_kernel_xtm2_richland
? assuming a password doesnt cause problems.

You can immediately get marvel ethernet working.
Or you could connect a hard drive via the miniPCI slot

GPIO RAW NAND is buggy in the kernel provided,but in discussion there at x21 I put a gpio.c I have worked on to prove the bug is something simple ( insufficient IO_SYNC and delays , probably due to the pipelining performance of the armv5 , and out of order IO bug of the armv5 )

If the GPIO RAW NAND don't work , maybe the gpio pins are different, you could use the /sys/class/gpio interface to toggle gpio's on and off, and see their effect with a simple multimetrer (with sewing needle as a probe. )

You can read the NOR ROM image and find strings the allocated part of NAND for SYSA and SYSB so as to be able to store a kernel image into the correct address so that the reboot will load the openwrt kernel as "SYSA" .. the default.. from powerup.