OpenWrt is not giving me an ipv4 address nor routing information

doesn't this part of my /etc/config/dhcp mean I am only handing out dynamic addresses between 100 and 150? So I am not at risk of handing out .248?

config dhcp 'lan'
	option interface 'lan'
	option start '100'
	option limit '150'

Well ideally the dynamic range should not overlap the static range. It's a bit strange in your case where you have static range below 100 and above 240. So maybe have dynamic range start at 100 and only give it 100 addresses

Nope, from the documentation 150 is the maximum number of addresses that may be leased, in the default configuration this would mean leasing addresses up to 192.168.1.249

1 Like

Actually, this is an easy mistake to make in reading the config file...
Start = 100 means the starting IP address (192.168.1.100) of the DHCP pool
Limit = 150 means the limit of how many leases (IPs) can be issued from the pool.

Together, this is means that the total pool is start to (start + limit - 1) =100- 249
(the -1 is because the limit includes the starting point)

1 Like

OK! that is important to know, thanks

I take it you chose to ignore the warning?

The only text at the head of the static lease page in luci is

Static leases are used to assign fixed IP addresses and symbolic hostnames to DHCP clients. They are also required for non-dynamic interface configurations where only hosts with a corresponding lease are served.
Use the Add Button to add a new lease entry. The MAC address identifies the host, the IPv4 address specifies the fixed address to use, and the Hostname is assigned as a symbolic name to the requesting host. The optional Lease time can be used to set non-standard host-specific lease time, e.g. 12h, 3d or infinite.

where is the warning?

when you type in an already assigned IP

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.