OpenWrt FritzBox 7362SL

I did the installation like the wiki:
https://openwrt.org/toh/avm/avm_7362_sl

after that, the green power led is always on and nothing goes on ...

somebody can help?

What was the expected outcome?

I'd hazard a guess and say "a working OpenWrt installation".

The instructions last mention a flashing red light, did you manage to access OpenWrt at that step?

One LED might be perfectly normal, since wifi and wan is down.
If you then try to connect via wireless.... fail.

1 Like

With the lates image ( snapshot ), it works. After installation I can access the SSH Login on 192.168.1.1 with no password. But I donts have a webinterface.
In this video, I saw there must be a webinterface:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fihchy4eISE

Snapshots doesn't come with a web interface, you manually have to add it post flash.

1 Like

Now, I understand. I have to install the webinterface. But I cant, coz I dont have a working DSL connection on the box. How can I configure my InternetProvider without the webinterface?

It can be done via vi, but I'd DL the luci web ui components manually, then install them from OS.

Another option is to try to flash the stable openwrt now, when you're already running openwrt, from openwrt.

But when I want to install the stable squashfs image, I get this error:

root@OpenWrt:/tmp# sysupgrade openwrt-21.02.3-lantiq-xrx200-avm_fritz7362sl-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin 
Sat Jun 25 21:30:35 UTC 2022 upgrade: The device is supported, but the config is incompatible to the new image (1.1->1.0). Please upgrade without keeping config (sysupgrade -n).
Image check failed.

I will try with the option -n ...

Thats doesnt work. The Box freeze after new booting with green power led on, like the stable image. No ssh access after sysupgrade.

Now, it works :wink: the webinterface... but I cant connect with my ADSL provider 1und1.
Iam useing PPPoE on eth0 and get the error:

Connection attempt failed

What was the issue?

There are several threads about 1und1 here at the forum, try the search.

If you use the fritzbox as modem, you will need to configure the dsl interface as WAN interface. Using an ethernet interface only works if you connect to a bridged dsl-modem via that specific ethernet interface.

mhmmmm. OK ... but I dont know how to do that ... over the webinterface.

Well start by describing what you have (VDSL2 or ADSL?, What speed range?) and what you want (use the 7362SL as integrated all in one modem-router or "just" as bridged-modem?) and how far you got along the way.

Caveat: I have no first-hand experience with configuring OpenWrt for ADSL, only for VDSL2 but I assume the process should be somewhat similar.

I have ADSL 16Mbit. I want to use the box as DSL router.

OK, try to follow the section titled " 1&1 or O² on a Telekom line with Annex J" from the OpenWrt wiki:

If you use WinSCP you can actually edit files on the router via WinSCP itself which has an easier editor* to come to grips with than vi (if you are already well-versed in vi, ignore this comment).

Once you edited /etc/config/network to include the stanzas from the wiki I would try to reboot the 7362 and the see inside the GUI whether things work (Status->Overview, and Network->Interfaces the WAN interface configuration and the DSL sub-tab).

*) Not being a vi-aficionado myself I tend to install the nano editor on my OpenWrt devices (opkg update ; opkg install nano or even include it directly into the firmware), but that is a matter of taste.

When i do that ( i have tried ), then i have no connection to the box over lan.

Odd, but then go the the DSL tab make sure the "DSL line mode" is set to auto or ADSL, that the correct Annex is selected (I would guess B or J), then go to the interfaces tab and edit WAN, set the protocol to PPPoE (read carefully what the GUI tells you) set the device to "dsl0.7" by entering that string without the "-quotes into the custom field at the bottom of the list.

As far as I can tell that should get you started...

I have do that and get this:

Protocol: PPPoE
RX: 0 B (0 Pkts.)
TX: 0 B (0 Pkts.)
Error: Network device is not present

I think it will not works as an DSL Router ...