OpenWrt for TL-MR6400-V5

Hi,
I just bought this router and want to install openwrt on it, but I can't find the firmware. The database just list the V1. I saw that some people got a V4 firmware. And some people talk in the forum about to reload the original firmware on a V5, but not saying which openwrt firmware they installed...

So, does anyone knows where to find a V5?

Thank you.
Christian

Hi,

thanks a lot, I don't understand why I did not see this page. My bad.

I will try to install it and see how it goes.

regards,
Christian

Hi, tmomas,

I downloaded the files and try to put them in the router using tftp. But without success. I use the docs pointed to by the page you gave to me. I tried to change the interface to 192.168.0.69, I check that the tftp server is listening, but tcpdump does not show any thing which could show that the router tries to load anything.
So, I'm stuck there...

Do you know where I could find a working doc for this router?

I am new to this router AND to openwrt...

And this one is more sensitive for me, because I bought it for it's 4G but the different pages I saw tells to not change the default IP to 192.168.0.x because the 4G interface uses this one.

So it is unclear for me how to use tftp for this one. Form what I understand, it is supposed to come on my computer to read itself the file, I suppose the name should be mr6400v5_tp_recovery.bin.
I tried to put it also, but without success.

So, If you could give me some hints, it would really help.

regards,
Christian

Installation instructions are included in the git commit that added support for this device.

You can flash via tftp recovery:

• serve tftp-recovery image as /tp_recovery.bin on 192.168.0.225/24
  • connect to any ethernet port
  • power on the device while holding the reset button
  • wait at least 8 seconds before releasing reset button

I installed openwrt on TP-LINK MR6400 v5... i patched qmi.sh with t 1000 and more but i discover ip on QMI with dhcp '0' on interface wwan0 LTE but internet not work... something about it?
I build a version openwrt custom with modemmanager and work fine but not work pptp vpn or l2tp...

Run tftpd32 or tftpd64 on Your PC and do following:
You can flash via tftp recovery:

• serve tftp-recovery image as /tp_recovery.bin on 192.168.0.225/24 - rename bin file to "tp_recovery.bin"
  • connect to any ethernet port
  • power on the device while holding the reset button
  • wait at least 8 seconds before releasing reset button

Please, tell more about patching qmi.sh. I am typing "uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status" and get nothing. How to launch that modem?

The modem it's ok is enable but i receive only IP address without dns nameservers...
add on over qmi.sh
while uqmi -t 1000 -s -d "$device" --get-pin-status | grep '"UIM uninitialized"' > /dev/null; do
uqmi -t 1000 -s -d "$device" --get-pin-status | grep '"Not supported"|"Invalid QMI command"' > /dev/null;
and qmi connect ok but not internet...

I used this guide but internet not work...

with setting network.wan.dhcp=0

Tell me please, how can I get to LTE modem web interface.

Now I am getting following:
uqmi -t 1000 -s -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-data-status
Request timed out
"Failed to connect to service" in the terminal and following:
Wed Mar 17 09:31:55 2021 kern.info kernel: [ 697.948574] rt3050-esw 10110000.esw: link changed 0x08
Wed Mar 17 09:31:55 2021 kern.info kernel: [ 698.182812] rt3050-esw 10110000.esw: link changed 0x0A
Wed Mar 17 09:32:16 2021 daemon.notice netifd: modem (5333): Stopping network modem
Wed Mar 17 09:32:16 2021 daemon.notice netifd: modem (5333): Command failed: Permission denied
Wed Mar 17 09:32:16 2021 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'modem' is now down
Wed Mar 17 09:32:16 2021 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'modem' is setting up now
Wed Mar 17 09:32:16 2021 daemon.notice netifd: modem (5347): Waiting for SIM initialization
in system log.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.