OpenWrt for Linksys WRT1900ACS can't be upgraded

Hm, I apologize in advance for asking the following, but hey, one's got to learn. I've used davidc502 builds on my WRT1900ACS V2 for a long time and I've built it from source a few times from his .config file so I could make some tweaks. I just started using ImageBuilder because I'd like to move forward and use DSA per @anomeome earlier description on how to convert. Although I built a few builds with ImageBuilder I don't really know if I have a PACKAGES list which is complete enough to give me basic LuCI functionality and wireless. Any chance one of you could share your packages list to get me started properly?

If you follow the link off my avatar you will find images as I am currently running on wrtpac devices I use. Check the config.buildinfo and openwrt-mvebu-cortexa9.manifest files as to image contents.

1 Like

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I ran into the 1.0-1.1 migration problem yesterday on my wrt1200, and after reading through this thread and the one @anomeome linked above I thought I would be ok running the force upgrade without keeping settings, but that resulted in no access, so I'm guessing I misunderstood and need to modify the network, system and firewall configs before upgrading (I think), would anyone happen to know if that's the case, and if so where I could find the new DSA configs needed for the wrt1200?

The new default DSA config is included quite normally in the image. Flashing without settings should result in a normally working router.

(Just remember that also WiFi is off by default in the regular OpenWrt)

1 Like

Thanks @hnyman, I'll give it another try with a new build when buildbot is back up and running.

Note that you can use the full normal toolchain right now, only the imagebuilder is affected by the buildbot difficulties.

1 Like

You are lucky. Packages for mvebu routers have been rebuilt a few hours ago...
https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

@anomeome - Thanks for the advice. I got the image built with my basic packages and it seems to be working fine. Had to do a bit of back-and-forth to get all the packages I needed listed in the Build "make" command but I finally got to a workable image for my use.

DSA was painless as you said since I just did a clean install, got the new DSA network config file, then modified the old network config file to reflect the DSA settings in my last settings tar.gz and upload the settings to the new image. Worked good.

1 Like

Just wanted to mention that I made a new build and it worked fine this time, I'm sure I probably messed something up in the menuconfig on the last one, thanks again for the help @hnyman.