This topic is now deleted

The zip error's normal.

What does ifconfig say? I can see the card/chip being discovered...

So it's there...

Are your client and the dell the only devices in the (temp) network?

Have you disabled wifi on your client, just for now?

Temp do OpenWrt installation on Aerohive HiveAP 330 - #7 by frollic, and your Dell should become a member of your network, make sure you stop the dhcp service as well.

@slh's suggestions so much easier, go with it instead.

Extending the partition can be done from within openwrt, or by booting gparted.

1 Like

Download or scp the OpenWrt image to /tmp/ of the running system, zcat /tmp/openwrt...combined-efi.gz >/dev/sdX, replace sdX with the correct device name of your SSD (fdisk -l should tell you or lsblk).

1 Like

Temp, while it's running as a DHCP client, so there aren't two DHCP servers on the same network.

There is probably some automagic functionality to avoid/discover this, but it never hurts to be sure.

banip is technically available, but it still depends on iptables-legacy, which is at odds with the nftables based fw4. While it is possible (for now) to replace fw4 with fw3, this is a complex undertaking and I would recommend against trying that.

1 Like

Downgrading

You could do Sysupgrade help for x86_64 - #14 by frollic, unless you maxed out the disk space using gparted.

What's the exact use case?

Fail2ban handles incoming traffic from internet, BanIP does the opposite.

You can always shrink the partition again, using gparted.

Then I'd just use an adblocker, or adguard.

You can add lists stopping those domains to the adblocker.

BanIP does the same, based on IPs, instead of DNS names.

Your router will not accept any connections from internet, unless you tell it to.
If it gets hacked, it'll be via one the clients behind it.

Fail2ban have no purpose, unless you actually open some ports...

Nope, banIP handles both directions...but it's currently not available in a nft variant.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.