OpenWrt connected to another router as client via Wi-Fi, how do i access that routers admin page?

sure, I mean Y is connected to/from X.

I can do this in my home always, no special settings needed.

that statement doesn't make any sense, since it work both ways ...

lets do a reboot ...

do you need/want double NAT ? if not, the openwrt router could be set up as a dumb AP ?

My first router 192.168.1.1 (static), and ---DHCP--- to my second router 192.168.2.1 (static also).
If my PC connected to second router, I still can access 192.168.1.1. no special settings, all openwrt defaults.

(from 1st, the 2nd got an IP 192.168.1.xxx, my PC got 192.168.2.xxx)

I do not know where the NAT is. is it a double NAT?

This tells us how the 2 routers are connected, but if does not tell us why you installed router y. What is the purpose of router y in your network?

Confusing as to how the wifi connected device serves a named puropose here.

Perhaps a sketch or diagram will assist my / our understanding

@RadioOperator :musical_note: ...to the Tower :musical_note: .... Debbie's comin' in for a landing.

sry could'nt help.. it's in my head now...

I learnt alot from that network diag. topic.
Here is simple, 1st+2nd+PC in serial and PC opens the admin page of 1st.

opens, or wants to open ?

I did not get problems on this, just tested, still ok.

as it should be, unless specifically blocked....

Yes, I never touch the Firewall / routings settings, every time I try to mod on it, something would be wrong.
Too many things I'm not sure. This is the openwrt con's comparing to stock fw.

The openwrt settings is too complex for normal users, not easy to do right, once a little bit wrong, maybe need factory reset and redo.

You never answered this. Why does router y exist in your network??

so what's the actual problem ? that is does work ?

1 Like

The problem is the OP is not here!

1 Like

In my home, 1st is connected to ISP router and its wifi for mobile phones. The second (Y) router is my testing router which connected to the 1st via wifi, and my PC connect to 2nd via Lan cable. Nothing special.

What does “testing router” mean? Is is setting up a separate network to isolate the devices from your other network (or vice versa)? Or does it have some other purpose?

not so complex, my testing router means I used it to testing openwrt new builds.

Ok. So what is the actual issue?

I'm not sure, if my descriptions could solve @dorede 's problem.