OpenWrt Build for RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC

Hi OpenWRT world.

Can you please help me, we have been using OpenWRT with out router software for many years (about 2007), originally on the Linksys WRT52G and then on the Linksys WRT1900ACS. For the past few years we have also had a build on the Mikrotik kit (we replaced the 54G with Mikrotik HAP Lite) and it worked a treat but its been desupported (and a hardware change has meant our existing builds no longer work) so we are moving to a 1gbps router. Our supplier proposed the RBD52G - but its not on the list of supported devices on the OpenWRT web site.

Does anyone know if the RBD52G (aka Mikrotik hAP ac2) is supported by OpenWRT?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please check the https://openwrt.org/supported_devices, if it's not explicitly listed as supported, then it isn't. And search this forum for your device first (there are at least two existing threads, detailing the problems arising when trying to support it).

That aside, I wouldn't be too confident that it actually can do advanced routing at 1 GBit/s linespeed either, see Comparative Throughput Testing Including NAT, SQM, WireGuard, and OpenVPN for benchmarks using this SOC. If you want to reach 1 GBit/s routing performance, you'll inevitably end up with x86_64 or at least mvebu.

Thanks for the info.
At the moment we are only going to use it on 200mbps internet connections so the 1gbps limitation is not critica. We run software on OpenWRT called which we have grown from the original WIFIdog project.

hello cwoodhams yes the mikrtokik will be avalaible for openwrt 21.2 i have also snapshot build over :slight_smile: