OpenWrt Build Error : Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for asterisk : jansson

.config file is 5000 lines+ , i cannot post it all.

I did search whole file for keyword "jansson". could not find anything.

You can upload it to Pastebin, GitHub gist, etc., and then post the link here.

Did you switch to another branch in buildroot? Did you notice any message like WARNING: No feed for package 'jansson' found?

https://controlc.com/4c0ddc72

Yes. I switched to "Minibox-v3-16m" branch.

Oh, this may be the reason. Perhaps you can try this suggestion?

If you switch branches in the same buildroot, you need to clear the semi-hidden package data in tmp directory. (several .dot starting files there). delete the whole tmp from the buildroot, in addition to the normal make clean.

1 Like

Okay. Thank you so much. I will try it and let you know.

OpenWrt should house the libraries internal to the build system, not on your host machine..

In your .config, check for the following line:

# CONFIG_PACKAGE_jansson is not set

If you need it, you should set it in your config.

I did not find this "# CONFIG_PACKAGE_jansson is not set" in .config file. How to enable it? How did you get this menu(screenshot)?

make menuconfig brings up the build menu system. Are you building from source? If you are using something like the image builder, someone else will have to step in as I have never used it. I build all my images and packages from the main branch.

In menuconfig, it'll be under libs.

If you're talking about that specific screenshot, in menuconfig, hit / to search and type jansson

1 Like

I tried building after deleting the tmp directory. But this is creating different errors.

1 Like

I searched "jansson" in the menuconfig, and added it to build and compiled it. I am getting an error. Please look into these screenshots.

You still are not actually turning on the jansson library.

1 Like

I tried searching under "LIbrary", but I could not find it. Any idea why its not available under Library. I am not in the main branch. I am compiling it for "Minibox-V3" , so I changed to "Minibox-v3-16m" branch.

Taking several steps back.
What git repository have you cloned? It does not sound like vanilla OpenWrt.

Can you provide a link to it?

1 Like

You're using 3 year old OpenWrt source, but trying to bring in a modern packages feed. This is the root of your troubles.
Jansson was moved from packages into the main OpenWrt source in 2020.

You'll need to bring Jansson in from here: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/lede-17.01/libs/jansson
My suggestion would be that you switch your packages feed for your entire build to the lede-17.01 branch for maximum compatibility. Note that if you do this, "asterisk" doesn't exist. There are several versions called "asterisk-11", "asterisk-13" etc.

You should probably seek support from your vendor for these builds, and encourage them to update to the latest sources :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you. I actually built again everything by using the latest version of OpenWrt V19.07 https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt, enabled Asterisk and build was successful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.