OpenWrt Based TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST 5364 Tinkering

Technically possible I'd say but could take a bit of fiddling. You'd need to add eth6 to the LAN bridge. However, there's a number of services that run on the WAN port that would need to be disabled so could take a while to figure out!

Thanks @DavidBrent , let me see if I can fiddle around with it and figure it out.

Could you also show us how to setup a Fibre/VDSL2 line that needs a authentication username and password as there a few UK ISPs that need it, e.g A&A (Andrews & Arnold Ltd) Zen Internet with IPv6

XXXXXX@zen
password

1 Like

https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=266

were u able to put the password? i am moving into fibre Aquiss and would like to use password option!

Sorry i don't own this device anymore @xtendtech as i bought a draytek vigor 130 and put this into bridge mode (as you need this for fibre vdsl2 modem) and then using a linksys ea8300 via openwrt 21.02.1 for all my routing needs.
I hope your move to Aquiss goes well :slight_smile:

@DavidBrent
When putting the sagemcom fast 5364 into bridge mode, can you still access the router page via 192.168.1.1 on LAN ports 2 to 4? or is it completely blocked from ports 2-4 because of the bridge mode been on LAN port 1

Yes, you can still access the router admin page (although it'll incorrectly report no Internet access as it can't check). I ran in this configuration with one cable from Port 1 to main router WAN and one cable from Port 2 to main router LAN to retain access for VDSL monitoring. Maybe there's a fancy way of doing it with VLANs down one cable but it worked for me!

Any chance someone has SG4K100130 available for download?

Very nice guide, thank you for sharing. I am looking to install an OpenWRT router to allow me to VPN into my home from my other home. Money is a bit tight at the moment, so was thinking of installing this on my main TalkTalk router.

If I install OpenWRT on it, can it still authenticate to TalkTalk and what not or do I need this to be a secondary router?

Help please - struggling to recover bricked TT 5364

Hi everyone, what an excellent forum - however, being a novice at updating routers I've managed to brick my 5364.
Roboconnel's post from Feb '21 was really useful for recommunicating with the board using the CH340 interface, but my unit doesn't seem to respond in the same way as described.
I use PuTTY, as indicated at 115200, but with the default word length and no parity or handshake (as this wasn't indicated in the post).
I can get to the first stage, the bootloader, by pressing any key and can then list the commands at that level. But once I run it on past that stage, pressing the spacebar does nothing and the firmware races on until it crashes. I've tried this dozens of times with the same result - spacebar doesn't seem to bring up the second prompt whatever I do, so I'm currently stuck.

The output I get from the interface includes:

Base: 5.2_03
CFE version 1.0.38-161.184 for BCM963138 (32bit,SP,LE)
Build Date: Wed Dec 13 18:07:04 CET 2017 (g603230@rmm-p1196234pl)

Version cfe-ram: 0.9.1

U-Boot 2017.09@sc-0.96.34 (Nov 30 2020 - 10:51:34 +0100) sc_f5364v3

Linux version 3.4.11-rt19 (rmm-svce-urd2int04@compil-atr-1) (gcc version 4.6.2
(GCC) ) #7 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 1 14:06:57 CEST 2020

If anyone can suggest how I can regain control of the unit and get it up and running again, I would be really grateful. Thank you.

Hello,

I have the TalkTalk Fast 5364 router that I am currently using as a secondary router to boost Wi-Fi in some areas in my home. I came across this thread and had a go at trying to enable bridge mode on LAN port 1. I have Sky FTTC broadband right now. The main router is Sky's SR203.

I'm able to enable SSH, login as root and go as far as entering commands. However, when I enter the commands for bridging Ethernet port 1, I cannot get an Internet connection from the Fast 5364 when connecting router 1's ethernet cable to Ethernet port 1 of the Fast 5364 router. Internet is restored if connecting the router to ports 2-4.

Am I missing something? Is there anyway to check if bridge mode is even active/working properly? I can't tell if it's not working because I've done something wrong with the commands, or because I still need to do something else.

This is a great thread, thank you to all contributors.

I would like to configure 802.11s mesh networking support to this router. Is this too far-fetched an aim? How complete is the openwrt on the Sagemcom FAST 5364?

That is not going to happen, ever. Getting the wireless working at all (beyond the <54 MBit/s b43 may give you) isn't going to happen in the first place.

I meant on existing openwrt based firmware, not on stock openwrt, but I admit the sentiment is probably the same.

Still zero chance, the kernel is too old as is the version of openwrt the SDK is based upon.

This might sound stupid/odd, but is there any "hack" to turn the LED to white (connected status LED)? As I use the router as an AP, all I get is a flashing orange LED. I know I can turn it off, but I do like the white LED.

Just wondering if there was a way to trick the router into thinking it has a connection so the LED turns white. Probably not. Just thought I'd ask.

@Ezenia, I've not tested this at all but you could try the below command:

xmo-client -p "Device/Managers/HubLightControl/FrontLedColor" -s "WHITE"

Unfortunately that didn't work.

I just get the following error:

error: xpath: Device/Managers/HubLightControl/FrontLedColor
error: XMO_UNKNOWN_PATH_ERR

From https://github.com/jamesnetherton/homehub-client/blob/master/xpath.go , it looks like 'Led' has to be 'LED' (all Caps):

string = "Device/Managers/HubLightControl/FrontLEDColor"

@Ezenia Sorry I made a typo - the "LED" should be capitalised.

However I tested it and "WHITE" is not accepted as a value. Some other colours are accepted but no setting actually changes the colour. For example all the below are accepted but have no effect on the actual LED colour for me:

xmo-client -p "Device/Managers/HubLightControl/FrontLEDColor" -s "BLUE"
xmo-client -p "Device/Managers/HubLightControl/FrontLEDColor" -s "GREEN"
xmo-client -p "Device/Managers/HubLightControl/FrontLEDColor" -s "ORANGE"

The only LED related command that actually had an effect was the one that turns it off:

xmo-client -p "Device/Managers/HubLightControl/LedEnable" -s "OFF"