OpenWrt Based TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST 5364 Tinkering

Hi David,

TalkTalk released this to his business customers with firmware change. Did you manage to get hold of latest firmware for business customers. It looks like this firmware release open lot of restrictions. You can see the post stating its release to business customer at:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/06/talktalks-wi-fi-hub-router-now-available-to-biz-customers.html

Best regards,

The quote in that article seems a little vague and short on detail!

I guess we won't know until someone gets one and confirms the firmware version matches. Then we could compare any potential differences.

does any one know how to fix the router so that i works on PPOE. I am on plusnet which needs user id and password to be set on ppoe but it doesnt work even if i type it

It works for me on Plusnet with no additional hacking. Just select PPP then enter username and password. When it connects, it autodiscovers the VCI and VPI and at least for me (on 2600t) just works...

2 Likes

I think super hub is sagemcom-fast-5364 and doesnt have vci and vpi options on the firmware or is hidden ...It would be great if we can flash openwrt on it if its a possibility

@DavidBrent,

I was looking for the 2800t version of the firmware. However, following the links above GoFile reports that the upload can't be found. Is there another location for it?

Do you mean 2600t? If so, try https://gofile.io/d/mEtd9q

Thanks. That was the one.

The answer to this is yes you can however you need to assign a DNS or the WiFI dosnt seems to work but the LAN ports seen fine without. :pleading_face:

So what i did
1st) downgraded back to 2600 then pin hole to factory reset
2nd enable SSH from @DavidBrent commands.above
3rd upgrade the fw to 2808t
4th Login into WebGUI @ 192.168.1.1 > go to see internet settings > manage advanced settings > TT WiFi hub settings > DNS > then enter

apply ... then cable into the red WAN port. :slight_smile:
Note if you using this in modem mode from Virgin Media then you can leave this at 192.168.1.1

Is there any downside to going to 2810 over 2808?

I'm currently just fiddling with this device at present before replacing the happily working Talktalk D-Link DSL-3782. It is the third of these Sagemcoms that TT have sent me the previous two barely made it past being switched on before failure. The D-Link just keeps on going.

@alicephilippa - Dont see it been a probem been on 2810 it just depends what you wont to do with the device, This thread was orginal to put the router into bridge mode so you can use another router via PPPoE via WAN so it gets a public IP then been double NATed.

When i was with TT i had kept this SC 5384 as a spare as i used a draytek vigor 130 as the FTTC cabinet is a huawei 288 (larger cabinet) as lantiq VDSL2 chipsets works best and more stable on my line.

@webgurru786 TT business hub will be more then likely some sort of BT business hubs, Only difference with the business hubs is that you can use bridge mode set in the GUI without SSH etc.

@DavidBrent
There is a hidden bridge mode page at however looking Forums i can see they stopped this on E00t

192.168.X.X/0.1/gui/views/mysagemcombox.bridge-mode.html

{name:"user.mysagemcombox.bridgemode",state:{url:"/bridgemode",templateUrl:"views/mysagemcombox.bridge-mode.html",controller:"BridgeModeController",data:{module:"bridgemode"}}}

Any idea where the wifi password settings are, so I can set them via ssh, stupid firmware doesn't allow symbols in ssid passwords

For the 2.4Ghz band:

xmo-client -s "NewPassphraseGoesHere" -p "Device/WiFi/AccessPoints/AccessPoint[@uid=1]/Security/KeyPassphrase"

And for the 5Ghz band:

xmo-client -s "NewPassphraseGoesHere" -p "Device/WiFi/AccessPoints/AccessPoint[@uid=2]/Security/KeyPassphrase"

1 Like

Hi David.
Can you please let me know how you got this xmo-client commands? Just wanted to learn how to break the code of routers

To get a complete list of parameters, try

xmo-client -g -p "Device"

to see the full tree of settings, you can change any of the parameters using

xmo-client -s "NewValueGoesHere" -p "Device/FullPathToParameterGoesHere"'

xmo-client has documentation available with xmo-client -h

1 Like

Does anyone have a link to both firmwares? All links are down sigh

https://gofile.io/d/0Cr7ZX

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated.

Many thanks for the link to the firmwares. Managed to downgrade, stop TR69 and enable ssh.

Any option to ssh in as root rather than as admin?

AndyP

1 Like

Hi,

I've downgraded to SG4K10002600t, but I'm still unable to activate Remote Access using the command in the first post. I'm geting "undefined" error.
Would downgrading to 1400t help? I would have tested it, but I can't find that firmware anymore. Does anyone still has it?

Thanks