OpenWrt as wireguard client

YES ! That was the right way!
Thank you so much. You made my day !!!

I suppose, it is impossible to run wg server, and wg client simultaneously, due to the fact, that PBR can't track UDP connections. However in examples on PBR page I've seen wg. So does it work?

Well given there's no such thing as a WG server or client, they're all equal peers and it's all just normal routing it's not that hard.

OK, are ports used in routing? In other words, does separate routing table exist to route packets with specific ports?

Why would you need to do that?

"Standard" OpenVPN server, and client implementation requires separate route for server (default route is via client adapter). Separating is executed by port number.

That's nice, but we're not talking about OpenVPN are we?

Yes, but what changes in that case? Is default route changed after configuration? BTW, is it possible to run wg-'server' simultaneously with OpenVPN-client with default gateway? On illustrative example it is much better.

I've not tried it, but I see no conceptual reason why it wouldn't be possible. And judging from the forum there are plenty of people who have ended up being successful in doing so.

If you're really that interested why not try it out for yourself?

Yes, but I don't understand, what to do. In OpenVPN-case everything is clear, despite this case. Should I really add corresponding policy to PBR with UDP? E.g. UDP doesn't work with OpenVPN, and I've seen recently it once more just here.

Sorry, can't help. I don't use OpenVPN or PBR.

OK, but in your case what settings have you done with routing? In couple of words.

As fascinating as this is, I'm not really minded to continue having a discussion which appears to have no discernible point or purpose. If you have a specific query or problem with implementing or using Wireguard then start a thread and people can assist with it. Otherwise there's plenty of resources out there to learn about Wireguard (and routing), or you can set it up over a couple of test machines and try it out yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.