Openwrt as dumb ap, streaming issue

And both the upstairs router and the auralic are plugged into ports labeled LAN on the WRT32x correct?

Yes, Wan port is not used on the WRT32X.

@dlakelan @mk24
I can no longer make new posts since I'm a new user apparantly. I'll try out another cable in a second. The switch was/is just an old 100mbps switch.

@dlakelan @mk24
Switched the cable with the one provided with the WRT32X without success. The router upstairs and the wrt are linked with a cat6.

@dlakelan You're not gonna believe this. Now that the wifi in this room is good I was like. Let me try to connect the aries wireless... It works faster than it did with the switch xD Networking... What is this.

Or not... Still getting some interrupts but way less consistant

@dlakelan They call it a lightning server but I'm not sure what it actually is :confused:

I think the next thing to do is to investigate the ethernet cable between the auralic and the WRT32x make sure it's a high quality cable, plug and unplug on both ends, maybe replace it.

1 Like

Traffic between two devices plugged into the LAN ports should be switched directly by hardware and the router configuration is unlikely to affect them.

Was your old switch gigabit? Using 4 wire cables (or 8 wire cables with a fault in the blue or brown pair) will cause problems with gigabit Ethernet ports.

Surf around the site and read some other posts of interest to you, I hear this helps accelerate your full user status.

In mean time, I strongly suspect the cable between the auralic and the WRT32x now that you say your old switch was 100Mbps. Get a cat5e or cat6 cable and use that. I'm guessing the problems will go away. Also be sure you've got a similar cable between the main router and the WRT32x

Out of curiosity, if you hang the 100mbit switch off the WRT32x and put the auralic into that, does everything just magically work again?

@Vitalbullet, how does the Aries device actually access the music? Does it use a SMB connection to the NAS, or does it access a DLNA server running on the NAS or something else?

Just do some searches, read some topics, get your regular user status.

Mean time, try: