Openwrt AP mode is unusable (Chaos Calmer based SDK, Realtek)

My router uses rtl8192ce as wireless chip. There is an option to support it in openwrt config. I can scan the access points and join it, but when I create an AP, there are some complicated problems.
Without any encryption, the AP is connectable and the DHCP is normal but I can't ping the router or any other thing in my LAN.
With WPA2 encryption, the AP even can't be connected.

as there is no simple thing called AP Mode
we need to know more about you device
openwrt version & and how you set it up

RTL and AP is usually a bad combo.

1 Like

Openwrt version is the latest chaos calmer which uses mac80211 2016-01-10. The device is a little bit special so I can't upgrade openwrt version easily. It is a PON modem. Maybe you can find some information here in my repo : https://github.com/msdos03/openwrt-avanta

Thanks, and I think so. Realtek is too lazy that they don't want to complement their drivers.

it's sounds old and custom but witch means there is so many things that can go wrong
but that's only 1/2 the story
will it's wifi work in default config ? even if double nated ?
how have you set it up
replaced the static lan with a dhcp & made sure you have attached the wifi to the same bridged network ?

1 Like

I just added a target and catched up with the latest commit of chaos calmer branch to retain linux 3.14 support. I'm sure I have attached the wifi to br-lan, and the ethernet LAN ports have dhcp. When I'm working on older chaos calmer versions with mac80211 2015, AP mode even cause kernel oops.

Your post does not appear to be related to an officially released OpenWrt version, package or supported operation.

It is unlikely that you will receive useful input here.

Please seek advise from the relevant maintainer.

While the above might be a bit blunt, there's really nothing we can do for you with a heavily bastardized and long EOL'ed Chaos Calmer based SDK; especially Realtek wireless doesn't lend itself to be supported in the first place.

1 Like

Exactly, I create this version. And I believe the problem is realtek driver.

I'v updated mac80211 and driver to 2017-01-10, but the problem is still here