OpenWrt 22 not working with Nintendo Switch

I upgraded from Openwrt 21 to 22 and Nintendo Switch no longer able to upload/download. I suspected it has to do with the new firewall. I opened up recommended ports to see if that has an impact but it doesn’t. So I am looking for other avenues that could cause this behavior. What I could see on the Switch is that Openwrt 22 pulls the wrong global IP address when I do the internet connection test on Switch. I replicated this behavior on a second router I have so it doesn’t seem to be a freak thing but rather something in Openwrt 22 that functions differently. I downgraded back to Openwrt 21 and I’m back to having a Switch connection, but unsatisfied sitting on a now outdated end of life firmware version. Does anybody else with a Switch have issues ?

Side note… main router is trusty Netgear 7800 and second router I tested is Netgear R8000 I have sitting around.

Please copy the output of the following commands and post it here using the "Preformatted text </> " button:
grafik
Remember to redact passwords, MAC addresses and any public IP addresses you may have:

cat /etc/config/network
cat /etc/config/wireless
cat /etc/config/dhcp
cat /etc/config/firewall

Thanks for the hint. I would have to connect up the 22 router again and I assume what you propose means running a remote ssh connection through a terminal ? Although I have used and configured Openwrt for a long time I have stuck to the gui so far. I am asking here because I realize what’s causing these issues might be above my pay grade, so to speak. I will report back with your requested results when I have them together.

Yes. This should be very simple. Just copy and paste those commands and it'll output the text of the configuration files. From there, we can take a look at what might be going on.

Maybe... maybe not :wink: -- no time like the present to learn a new way of working with your OpenWrt router!

If you updated from 21.x to 22.x version of OpenWRT, it is best to start from scratch/clean config and build from there. I know this is tedious but based on my experience, not doing so usually borks the firewall setup.