OpenWrt 22.03.4 service release

MikroTik RouterBOARD 750Gr3
and
TP-Link Deco M4R (3 times)
all updated ok.

thanks for the update

5th time is the charm i guess. After the 5th upload, I was able to get SSH access that didn't randomly disconnect. I was able to modify my network settings, saved them, and the network came up on reboot (which it didn't on the previous 4 times using the same files). I can confirm my Netgear R7800 works and my rockchip rockpro64 works after a few tries.
OpenWrt 22.03.4, r20123-38ccc47687

Two TP-Link Deco's updated from 22.03.3 with keeping settings en configs no issues

TP-Link Deco M4R v1
Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X ver 1 rev 0
ath79/generic
OpenWrt 22.03.4 r20123-38ccc47687 / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-23.093.57104-ce20b4a

Raspberry Pi 4B updated from 22.03.3 using image builder no issues.

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
Architecture|ARMv8 Processor rev 3
bcm27xx/bcm2711
OpenWrt 22.03.4 r20123-38ccc47687 / LuCI openwrt-22.03 branch git-23.093.57104-ce20b4a

:no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry: not stable for tl-wr841n v13 :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry:

Hello friends I upgraded my TP-LINK TL-WR841N V13 router to the latest stable version of Openwrt v22.03.4. !!!Unfortunately, it is not good at all!!! It works very hard and the boot time of the device has increased a lot, and worst of all, it automatically reboots when saving the router settings, while this was not the case in any of the previous versions!
!!! And when Wi-Fi is restarted, the LAN connection will be disconnected for a long time!!!
And the installation space is much less and unused :frowning: Dear developers, please think about making it heavier and rebooting this version in the next builds. I have flashed the router many times and unfortunately it rebooted when I did Wi-Fi settings and the devices tab. I hope you solve this problem in the next builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Successfully upgraded flawlessly using Attended Sysupgrade in my Mi router 4AG :+1:

Updated an old TP-Link C7 v2 from 21.02.3 using an imagebuilder-generated sysupgrade image without issues.

Really happy to see this landed in 22.03.4. Is there a way to specify rootfs part size in firmware-selector.openwrt.org yet? I recall some issues (DoS vector, failed builds) with the API side of this change.

@aparcar Someone forgot to notify the OpenWrt-announce mailing list about this (or 21.02.6). The archives show that mailing list hasn't had any messages since January.

4 Likes

I did a bunch of devices, backuped configs first then updated them with the attended sysupgrade (auc) which was very nice and quick.

Everything worked out fine, thanks everyone :+1:

Anyone did the update with a Cudy WR1300?

Upgraded TP-Link Archer C7 v2 to 22.03.4 via luci. Things mostly seem to be ok, except I now see this entry in syslog every few minutes:

ath10k_pci 0000:00:00.0: mac flush vdev 0 drop 0 queues 0x1 ar->paused: 0x0 arvif->paused: 0x0

Is this any cause for concern? If not, is there a way to suppress it from logs?

3 Likes

the update to ax53u went perfectly, but the problem with the Wi-Fi LED indicators was not solved.

Considering that the [OpenWrt Downloads]'(https://downloads.openwrt.org/)' has not officially linked to the latest stable builds and the forum release notes have summarized the states of numerous builds for the 19.x, 21,x, and 22.x, refreshing the branches with yesterday or today's builds would be appropriate prior to linking to the general availability of the stable releases.

Just updated my main router, APU2 x86, using auc and keeping all configuration. No issues, all running as it should.

Just a heads up, the correction to the UBI code has made it into kernel 6.3-rc7, but none of the legacy branches have integrated the correction due to the fact that no PR had been generated other than for next. As such, the affected devices will remain broken forever unless using your localized patches in the future. So don't get your hopes up that the mainline will swim down.

2 Likes

sysupgrade from 22.03.2 to 22.03.4 on my Belkin RT3200 without problems

1 Like

The OpenWrt.org front page links to 22.03.4, and it's in the firmware selector.

@Synerworks Are you saying that there's never going to be a fix for the devices that are vulnerable to this UBI bug? How could OpenWRT just leave us like this?

The fix is applied to 21.02, 22.03 and master snapshots. Nevertheless no stable version has it, so 21.02.6 and 22.03.4 don't boot.
On another thread @daniel suggested that a newer stable version that includes the fix could be done.

I've understood that, @badulesia , but I've never run a snapshot. How long until the fix makes it to stable?