OpenWrt 22.03.3 third service release

.2 -> .3

Archer c7 v2. Uptime 2 days. Solid.

miniupnpd still being a weirdo. It seems to be responsible for stopping uhttpd after bootup. Restart uhttpd and its OK.

TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1 and two Archer A7s updated using Luci from 22.03.2 with settings kept, missing packages installed and devices rebooted.
So far all appears to be working normally.

Thanks again to all who do the work to make this not just possible, but easy.

1 Like

I download and change my router checked basic part working perfect
But other service
The main purpose of of i Use openwrt the following services i get

• Remotely access router installing open VPN (openvpn)
  • Guest network make Captive portal cloudy manage (wifidog)
  • Multiple ISP manage a single router load blancing (WWAN3)
    Currently all this main best sotwares not proper functions in this last openwrt 22.03.2
    Most of users stay openwrt 19.7
    Please check and improve fix issue especially package developers.

I'm confused by the switch/hub issue. I have the WRT 1900ACS v1. It has been running 22.03.2 and previous versions just fine. How can I check if I'm affected by this bug? What are the impications if I continue to use 22.03.2? What is the point of blocking my device out of 22.03.3?

That was a false statement. My guest VLAN quit working when I upgraded my WRT1900ACS from 22.03.2 to SNAPSHOT.

I downgraded the WRT1900ACS to to 22.02.5 and my Guest VLAN started working again.

Also, with 22.03.X and SNAPSHOT whenever I restarted the WRT1900ACS the link would fail to one of my Netgear GS108Ev3 switches, and I'd have to power cycle the switch to get it to connect to the WRT1900ACS. THAT problem has gone away with 22.02. Bizarre.

1 Like

Upgraded 2xR7800 and an E4200V2 from 22.03.2. Went without incident, seems to be running fine.

Thx devs!

1 Like

It will 'work' fine as is, just not properly as a switch. So you may have not even noticed but the bug affects all of us with mvebu. See my post here: [22.03.x: no release builds for Turris Omnia, Linksys WRT, ClearFog - #5 by phinn]

1 Like

No wavlink quantum dax?

TP-LINK TD-W8970 up and running (custom image, dumb AP). Many thanks!

Netgear WNDR3700v4 updated flawlessly as always. I notice too that bind-dig (mentioned higher up) installed with opkg too. Thanks for the great work on this release!

1 Like

Archer C7 v2 brought back to my network as a Wired-only router and running better than ever. Software Offload working as it should to give me top wired speeds.

Cudy WR1300 with settings bumped from .02 to .03. No issues so far

Thanks for sharing. I have upgraded my WRT1900ACSV2 to the master snapshot (r21807) build with my retained configuration. Updated my packages accordingly.

After a day of testing, I noticed significant issues with network discovery and inability to ping internal IP addresses (inability to ping home server and inability for server to see google speakers). Downgraded back to 22.03.2.

I am replacing a Linksys MR8300 ( ipq40xx) with a Linksys ea7300v2 (MediaTek MT7621AT).
I installed the new 22.03.3, on the B partition, reinstalled the software and everything worked...before I tested the wifi.
On the MR8300 my wifi was 200 Down and 30 up, with this new one:
-Linksys FW V2.0.4.208179 I see 200 Down and 30 up
-Openwrt 22.03.3 I see 1.5 Down and 10 up???

I tested other settings and then I see the device showing available bandwidth on the device up to 450 Mbps but the test confirm this ( as browsing, and watching videos).

Anything I need to install or change in this model?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

UPDATE: I see here lots of people have issues with this chip OpenWrt on MT7621/MT7615N devices with 5GHz problems - #236 by alcazaurus also a lot of routers have this chipset...

I will test without the 5GHz and see...

UPDATE 2: disabling 5GHz I get 20 Mpbs...not great...better of before

I suggest going back to 21.02.5. I was able to do so while retaining the configuration. Internal switch operation works much better.

2 Likes

@jbrossard You have a typo there, but keeping the configuration isn't recommended going in that direction, is it? I'm surprised it worked.

BTW, I'm further surprised we haven't seen a .6, since is it really possible that v22 warranted a security update (which this update partially was) but v21 did not?

Yup, fixed. I'll let others comment if keeping the config going backwards is okay. Since both versions use DSA I thought I'd try it.

"model": {
		"id": "tplink,archer-c7-v2",
		"name": "TP-Link Archer C7 v2"
	},

If I run:

iperf -s -D ; iperf3 -c 127.0.0.1

I get about 500Mbits/sec

But if I run from any other wired device, I only get ~200Mbits/sec. Any ideas?

hardware offload or packet steering is not of any help.

Note: I can get a stable ~940Mbits through the built in switch to other devices.

That is around the figure you can expect from a 720 MHz mips 74Kc single core CPU (QCA9558) - and in practice your traffic is very jagged and laggy at the top of that throughput.

That's a totally meaningless figure, you're effectively only testing the RAM bandwidth here, which has no direct impact on the routing abilities of your device (data coming on WAN, being processed by netfilter, router, NATed, going out to LAN).

applies to your situation, ath79 is far beyond its abilities for that.

[these two posts don't belong into the 22.03.3 announcement thread, as it's not specific to this release at all - earlier releases (21.02.x, 19.06.x, …) can't get any more out of this hardware either - just that half a decade ago, fewer users had the WAN speeds to even notice these hardware limits]

1 Like

OK, thanks for the feedback. Although... on v21, I got closer to 700Mbits. Seems performance has decreased.

Edit: actually, performance seems to vary, though v23 is able to reach up to 7-800Mbits.