I did the assembly according to the standard:
git clone https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt.git -b v22.03.3
cd openwrt
git checkout -b v22.03.3
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a
make menuconfig
make
I have a Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x / 988x Wi-Fi card, so I had to exclude kernel modules from the assembly (kmod-ath10k, kmod-cfg80211, kmod-mac80211), otherwise the build fails.

Upgraded "Netgear R7800 (Nighthawk X4S AC2600)" today morning. No issues, at least I did not detect anything.

I would like to thank the developers and wish them a happy new year.

2 Likes

I'm running 22.03.2 on WRT-1200AC and I'm fairly sure my switch isn't acting as a hub. tcpdump on each of the LAN ports shows only the traffic I'd expect. Switch lights are blinking independently, and the switch connected to the 1200AC passing tagged VLANs doesn't have any complaints.

You say they're not building images for the WRT-1200AC anymore? Are you talking about something different than the images I see when I go here: https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt1200ac

I'm hoping 22.03.3 isn't there because of this switch issue.

Read the original post it says it right there. Mvebu isn't being built, that includes your 1200. It'll likely be back in this years 23.0x release with kernel 5.15 since the switch bug is fixed there (from my testing on master snapshot with my wrt32x at least).

I'm also pretty sure that my switch works as it should. I just use vlan separated networks on WRT3200ACM switch connecting to vlan capable netgear switches.
LEDs are blinking independently and firewalling also works as expected.
I take this to set up a spare AVM 4040 and will afterwards try to get the WRT3200ACM working with latest snapshot. I just don't want to risk my router.

Came across the following: Asus RT-AC88U (HW: A6) broken in 22.03.3?

Updated successfully via attended sysupgrade 22.03.2 => 22.03.3 after 80+ days uptime:

• EAP615 access point
  • RPI4 router

Many thanks to the devs!

1 Like

Updated my EA8500 to 22.03.3 from 22.03.2. Kept settings. Same packages installed in both cases (I use the firmware selector to build my images). It's used as a dumb AP and switch.

Not a good result. 5GHz WiFi speed to a desktop PC client (AX200 2x2 WiFi card) dropped from ~340 Mbps to ~110 Mbps. I reinstalled 22.03.2, and WiFi speed went right back up. I measured WiFi throughput from the PC client to my NanoPi R4S gateway with iperf3 on a quite network in both cases, back to back with less than 10 minutes separating the measurements.

More detail: AC, Channel 149, 80 MHz Wide, WiFi SSID bridged to a VLAN (several VLANs are trunked into the AP).

Edit:
With no other similar problem reports, I concluded the poor throughout I observed must have been user error - something like all my clients jumping on the AP after upgrade. Who knows? In any event, I tried upgrade to 22.03.3 again on my EA8500 and it is working just fine.

Updated my Linksys WRT1900ACS to SNAPSHOT and my Netgear WAC104 to 22.03.3.

No issues so far.

1 Like

Hi. Trying to install nfs-kernel-server on Raspberry Pi 3B+. This package has dependency kmod-crypto-null. It seems that this file not exist (or not accessible). Opkg cannot download it. Is this a bug?

Upgraded a tplink-wrd4300 v1 all good, upgraded keeping settings via RJ45 and web interface.

.2 -> .3

Archer c7 v2. Uptime 2 days. Solid.

miniupnpd still being a weirdo. It seems to be responsible for stopping uhttpd after bootup. Restart uhttpd and its OK.

TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1 and two Archer A7s updated using Luci from 22.03.2 with settings kept, missing packages installed and devices rebooted.
So far all appears to be working normally.

Thanks again to all who do the work to make this not just possible, but easy.

1 Like

I download and change my router checked basic part working perfect
But other service
The main purpose of of i Use openwrt the following services i get

• Remotely access router installing open VPN (openvpn)
  • Guest network make Captive portal cloudy manage (wifidog)
  • Multiple ISP manage a single router load blancing (WWAN3)
    Currently all this main best sotwares not proper functions in this last openwrt 22.03.2
    Most of users stay openwrt 19.7
    Please check and improve fix issue especially package developers.

I'm confused by the switch/hub issue. I have the WRT 1900ACS v1. It has been running 22.03.2 and previous versions just fine. How can I check if I'm affected by this bug? What are the impications if I continue to use 22.03.2? What is the point of blocking my device out of 22.03.3?

That was a false statement. My guest VLAN quit working when I upgraded my WRT1900ACS from 22.03.2 to SNAPSHOT.

I downgraded the WRT1900ACS to to 22.02.5 and my Guest VLAN started working again.

Also, with 22.03.X and SNAPSHOT whenever I restarted the WRT1900ACS the link would fail to one of my Netgear GS108Ev3 switches, and I'd have to power cycle the switch to get it to connect to the WRT1900ACS. THAT problem has gone away with 22.02. Bizarre.

1 Like

Upgraded 2xR7800 and an E4200V2 from 22.03.2. Went without incident, seems to be running fine.

Thx devs!

1 Like

It will 'work' fine as is, just not properly as a switch. So you may have not even noticed but the bug affects all of us with mvebu. See my post here: [22.03.x: no release builds for Turris Omnia, Linksys WRT, ClearFog - #5 by phinn]

1 Like

No wavlink quantum dax?

TP-LINK TD-W8970 up and running (custom image, dumb AP). Many thanks!