OpenWrt 22.03.3 third service release

"model": {
		"id": "tplink,archer-c7-v2",
		"name": "TP-Link Archer C7 v2"
	},

If I run:

iperf -s -D ; iperf3 -c 127.0.0.1

I get about 500Mbits/sec

But if I run from any other wired device, I only get ~200Mbits/sec. Any ideas?

hardware offload or packet steering is not of any help.

Note: I can get a stable ~940Mbits through the built in switch to other devices.

That is around the figure you can expect from a 720 MHz mips 74Kc single core CPU (QCA9558) - and in practice your traffic is very jagged and laggy at the top of that throughput.

That's a totally meaningless figure, you're effectively only testing the RAM bandwidth here, which has no direct impact on the routing abilities of your device (data coming on WAN, being processed by netfilter, router, NATed, going out to LAN).

applies to your situation, ath79 is far beyond its abilities for that.

[these two posts don't belong into the 22.03.3 announcement thread, as it's not specific to this release at all - earlier releases (21.02.x, 19.06.x, …) can't get any more out of this hardware either - just that half a decade ago, fewer users had the WAN speeds to even notice these hardware limits]

1 Like

OK, thanks for the feedback. Although... on v21, I got closer to 700Mbits. Seems performance has decreased.

Edit: actually, performance seems to vary, though v23 is able to reach up to 7-800Mbits.

Netgear R7800 and Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H routers upgraded from 22.03.2 to 22.03.3 with settings retained and missing packages reinstalled post-upgrade.
Both upgrades were uneventful.
Thank you devs for the great release!

1 Like

My Nanopi R4S and my Netgear GS308T v1 upgraded 7 days ago - runs fine - great release

I to does not boot on my asus rt-ac88u. Made a log from the serial console.

See Asus RT-AC88U (HW: A6) broken in 22.03.3? - #6 by wdehoog

I used, but on 22.02.x firmware.

You mean 22.01.x? On 22.01.x upnp works.

Well, neither 22.02 nor 22.01 do exist.

There are 21.02 and 22.03.

1 Like

@phinn are you having the isolation issue with the master snapshot build noted by others on mvebu - principally the wired LAN being invisible to WLAN clients? Are you using the latest master snapshot or an older one? Did you retain your configuration file or start fresh?

Oh yeah, typo here :slight_smile: :crazy_face:

If I would get along with DSA I would give the Snapshot build a try. I'm still using 19.07 and I think that I have to move to an up-to-date Build (security wise) :confused:

Yes, 21.02

i get the following error on Attended Sysupgrade:

Server response: Unsupported package(s): luci-app-vpn-policy-routing

Has the package been really removed or moved?
If i go with deselecting this package would it be fine?

Thanks.

vpn-policy-routing is now obsolete and has been replaced by pbr and luci-app-pbr

Hi!
Trying to update my Belkin RT3200 and getting this when uploading the new Firmware:

Do i force it? - Anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for any help.

No.

Everybody who downloaded the wrong image...

Your router has the usual ubi variant, but you downloaded and tried to flash the non-ubi image.

Just download the ubi sysupgrade image.

2 Likes

Oh dear. That's embarrassing. Thank you for pointing out the obvious for me. :slightly_smiling_face:
On another note; I did not remember at all that there are two packages - but since one of them, i.e. the non-UBI one is not recommended (or practically usable...) anymore - why is that the one that has the "obvious" link on the main page for the router?

Wouldn't it be better for it to be the UBI one of there has to be only one link?

I have a WRT1900ACS and don't see 22.03.3 for it. Am I missing something?

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.3/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/

You are missing this:

### Broken MV88E6176 switch

Devices featuring the MV88E6176 integrated switch are currently broken in 22.03: the switch behaves as a hub, meaning network packets will be sent to all ports. This bug is documented in (FS#11077). This problem is only seen with kernel 5.10. OpenWrt 21.02 and OpenWrt master are not affected.

3 Likes