OpenWrt 22.03.2 Configuring wireguard

Ok... so there has not been a successful handshake. Aside from the inability to connect to the wan (due to CG-NAT, bad address, or ISP blocks), the most typical failure mode is a problem with keys.

Try generating new keys and generating/importing the QR code again.

Thanks, I will give that a shot.

generated new keys and QR code, no joy

Try this:

set the endpoint to your router's lan IP address (192.168.1.1). Then try to connect to wireguard while still connected to wifi. If it works, you should see a "last handshake" field how up when you view wg show. This will be a useful test because it will determine if Wireguard is properly configured. If this works, the answer is yes, it is working as expected locally, and that means WAN IP or ISP related issues may be at play. If it doesn't work, then we need to figure out why WG isn't functioning.

No "last handshake" with wg show

Looks like it could be that wireguard is not configured properly.

Kinda wondering if I shouldn't just start from scratch

I also cannot make Wireguard to work. I have handshake successfully but I just cannot open any website from my phone once connected.

Yes, starting from scratch with the wg config may be a good idea. You don’t have to go as far as resetting the whole router, just delete the wg interface and start that over.

Please create a new thread. Post your config in your first post. Feel free to tag me in and I’ll try to help.

Sounds good. Thanks for helping

I got wireguard working now. thanks

fantastic.

If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.

not my thread. OP hasn't respond

Indeed... well, glad it is working for you :slight_smile: