I decided to go back to 21.02.03. Then, I repeated exactly the same procedure:
removed odhcpdv6only and odhcp6c
installed odhcpd and disable it.
Then added all the same features:

1. adsl modem in bridged mode
  2. static ip to access to the bridged modem
  3. wireless Wan for WISP mode support
  4. guest wifi for both bands
  5. odhcpd is disabled to get rid of being spammed with error logs regarding ip v6

All configurations are the same as 22.03. However, in 21.02.03, I have no problem if I intentionally power off the router. After turning it on, it successfully assigns dynamic ip to all devices. As mentioned before, version 22.03 does not assign dynamic ip to the devices under the same configurations.

Again I thank you for all your efforts.
Regards

1 Like

You don't need to disable IPv6, even when your ISP only provides IPv4. Just use the defaults and everything will work.

The ff02::1:2 is a "sollicited node" multicast address used by the IPv6 multicast system which needs link local addresses (non-routable, fe80::/10) to be set up.

3 Likes

WRT1900ACSv2 running OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc6 r19590. Upgraded from rc5 with retained configuration. 5Ghz set to channel 36. WPA2. I continue to have the following:

• irqbalance enabled (from '0' to '1' in '/etc/config/irqbalance')
  • SQM QoS enabled
  • tx_amsdu disabled. Luci > startup > local startup (nano /etc/rc.local) the following commands:
echo "0" >> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/mwlwifi/tx_amsdu
echo "0" >> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/mwlwifi/tx_amsdu

18h uptime.

No significant issues! Excellent performance.

• reboot/reload adblock required after installation.

Do you also run banip ... does it support firewall4?

I'm not the user you're asking but the answer is no as of this point in time.

2 Likes

22.03-rc6 is working nicely on RPi Computer Module 4 plus DFRobot dual gigabit board

1 Like

Hi dear,
thanks for your reply.
When using default setup I was spammed in the log section with some messages like this :. err... network unreachable,
I've forgotten the exact message but searching the forum I had found a topic regarding the same error which was tagged as solved by disabling odhcpd.
let me reproduce the error just now...

Fri Aug 19 23:52:30 2022 daemon.err odhcpd[26218]: Failed to send to ff02::1%lan@br-lan (Permission denied)

I just enabled odhcpd and got the above error in the log section.
I disable IPv6 in devices configuration and all other settings. the same error happens when using default configuration.

Anyway, I am on 21.02.03 now. When I simply disable odhcpd there is no error in the logs. And, the router successfully assigns dynamic ip to all devices. However, in 22.03 rc6 if the router is rebooted under the above-mentioned conditions it does not assign dynamic ip to the devices.

Thanks again for your attention.

Thanks,
Solved it.
The ADSL (pppoa-wan) interface was the only one not reporting an IPv6 address on the Network/Interfaces page in LUCI.
On the Advanced tab I enabled "Delegate IPv6 prefixes", changed the "IPv6 assignment length" to match the other interfaces; saved-and-applied.
(It added the line "option ip6assign '60'" to the "config interface 'wan'" part of the file /etc/config/network).
I have not had any 'loop-local' errors since.
Regards.

Seems to be working well on my BT hub5 which I'm using on my VDSL connection, not noticed any issues so far.

I've got it to boot reliably without encountering the really annoying BT hub5 boot loop issue by building it from source with most packages and modules built using the 'm' option so that they are omitted from the sysupgrade bin file and installing them using opkg after first boot. I've rebooted the 2 routers its installed on multiple times and they appeared to boot successfully every time, or at least there was no obvious sign of a delay.

I used the guide here to get a matching kernel vermagic so I can still use the install feeds

I also tried including some of the omitted packages such as for wireless support, but still without luci, but that bootlooped for ages.

@mjs could you please check whether using https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/ with the minimal set of packages, as opposed to building the image from source, also avoids the boot loop?

Full disclosure: the installation mentioned in my earlier comment (OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc6 sixth release candidate - #50 by patrakov) was also performed using https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/ using a customized set of packages. However, for me, the boot-loop problem clearly correlates with the physical location of the router and the power supply used. That installation still works (personally tested yesterday), and my friend doesn't complain about anything.

I tried https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org with rc5, or might have been rc4 and it bricked one of my routers (quite probably some mistake I made as I'd not used it before) and I've only just recovered it using serial as I couldn't get a ethernet connection even in recovery mode, so I'm reluctant to try it again!

If it is any help these are the packages I needed to install after flashing my build of rc6 (also includes some changes/extras I use for mesh)

opkg update

opkg install luci
opkg install ath10k-board-qca988x
opkg install ath10k-firmware-qca988x
opkg install batctl-full
opkg install ddns-scripts
opkg install ddns-scripts-services
opkg install hostapd-common
opkg install iw
opkg install iwinfo
opkg install kmod-ath
opkg install kmod-ath10k
opkg install kmod-ath9k
opkg install kmod-ath9k-common
opkg install kmod-batman-adv
opkg install kmod-cfg80211
opkg install kmod-crypto-ccm
opkg install kmod-crypto-cmac
opkg install kmod-crypto-ctr
opkg install kmod-crypto-gcm
opkg install kmod-crypto-gf128
opkg install kmod-crypto-ghash
opkg install kmod-crypto-hmac
opkg install kmod-crypto-rng
opkg install kmod-crypto-seqiv
opkg install kmod-crypto-sha256
opkg install kmod-hwmon-core
opkg install kmod-lib-crc16
opkg install kmod-mac80211
opkg install kmod-nls-base
opkg install kmod-owl-loader
opkg install kmod-usb-core
opkg install kmod-usb-dwc2
opkg install kmod-usb-roles
opkg install luci-app-ddns
opkg install luci-lib-ipkg
opkg install mesh11sd
opkg install wireless-regdb
opkg install wpad-wolfssl

And I believe this was the diff file I created from my non boot-looping .config . Annoyingly, I don't seem to have saved the full config file before subsequent builds with changes which resulted in it boot looping again, I'm guessing possibly because I included some of the previously omitted kmods, or its overall size.

CONFIG_TARGET_lantiq=y
CONFIG_TARGET_lantiq_xrx200=y
CONFIG_TARGET_lantiq_xrx200_DEVICE_bt_homehub-v5a=y
CONFIG_ALL_KMODS=y
CONFIG_ALL_NONSHARED=y
CONFIG_DEVEL=y
CONFIG_BPF_TOOLCHAIN_BUILD_LLVM=y
# CONFIG_BPF_TOOLCHAIN_NONE is not set
CONFIG_BUILDBOT=y
CONFIG_COLLECT_KERNEL_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_HAS_BPF_TOOLCHAIN=y
CONFIG_IMAGEOPT=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_BUILD_DOMAIN="buildhost"
CONFIG_KERNEL_BUILD_USER="builder"
# CONFIG_KERNEL_KALLSYMS is not set
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-board-qca988x=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_fritz-caldata=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_fritz-tffs=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_fritz-tffs-nand=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_hostapd-common=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_iw=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_iwinfo=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ath=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ath10k-ct=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ath9k=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-ath9k-common=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-cfg80211=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-ccm=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-cmac=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-ctr=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-gcm=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-gf128=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-ghash=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-hmac=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-rng=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-seqiv=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-crypto-sha256=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-hwmon-core=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-mac80211=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nls-base=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-owl-loader=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-core=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-dwc2=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-usb-roles=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_libbpf=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_libelf=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_libiwinfo=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_libiwinfo-data=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_qosify=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_tc-full=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_tc-mod-iptables=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-easy80920_nor=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-easy80920_ram=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-p2812hnufx_ram=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-vgv7510kw22_brn=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-vgv7510kw22_nor=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-vgv7510kw22_ram=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-vgv7519_brn=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-vgv7519_nor=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_u-boot-vgv7519_ram=y
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wireless-regdb=m
CONFIG_PACKAGE_wpad-basic-wolfssl=m
CONFIG_REPRODUCIBLE_DEBUG_INFO=y
CONFIG_SDK_LLVM_BPF=y
CONFIG_USE_LLVM_BUILD=y
CONFIG_VERSIONOPT=y
CONFIG_VERSION_BUG_URL=""
CONFIG_VERSION_CODE=""
CONFIG_VERSION_DIST="OpenWrt"
CONFIG_VERSION_FILENAMES=y
CONFIG_VERSION_HOME_URL=""
CONFIG_VERSION_HWREV=""
CONFIG_VERSION_MANUFACTURER=""
CONFIG_VERSION_MANUFACTURER_URL=""
CONFIG_VERSION_NUMBER=""
CONFIG_VERSION_PRODUCT=""
CONFIG_VERSION_REPO="https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.0-rc6"
CONFIG_VERSION_SUPPORT_URL=""
# CONFIG_IB is not set
# CONFIG_MAKE_TOOLCHAIN is not set
# CONFIG_SDK is not set

Hi,
I reinstalled 22.03 rc6 on my Archer C7 V4. This time I leaved all IPv6 options untouched. Even WAN6 is unused and untouched. Then I reconfigured all previous features. It is running about an hour. I intentionally powered off the router two times and rebooted it several times because of installing packages. Now, it is able to assign dynamic IPs. However, reading the log file resulted as following:

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc6, r19590-042d558536
 -----------------------------------------------------
root@ArcherC7:~# logread | grep -i .err
Sat Aug 20 22:18:26 2022 kern.info kernel: [    0.000000] Writing ErrCtl register=00000000
Sat Aug 20 22:18:26 2022 kern.info kernel: [    0.000000] Readback ErrCtl register=00000000
Sat Aug 20 22:18:47 2022 daemon.err odhcpd[1791]: Failed to send to ff02::1%lan@br-lan (Address not available)

there is an error reported in the last line from odhcpd. The router is now in WISP mode and is connected to another host router with disabled IPv6. the host router is using a bridged ADSL2 modem.

Regards,

Installed rc6 on Mikrotik HEXs.
Updating software list in luci fails with " Check your network settings and connectivity."
Using opkg update : same problem.
But in ssh I can ping both ip as well as dns addresses successfully (also diagnostics works fine), so the basics are ok. There must be problem with the software repo ?

thanks

update: apparantly an old issue, disabling the wan6 interface solves the problem.

Installed on D-Link dir-2660 A2
Seems to work fine after some light testing.

tailscale does not work in this version.

Hi, wiill MT7610E 5.8ghz wifi work with this openwrt version?

Best to have a look at the table of hardware at:https://openwrt.org/toh/start

tailscale doesn't work since version 22.3.0. Is it necessary to install iptables-mod-chaos to run, is this a good practice? won't it break the firewall?

It just means it hasn't been update for FW4 compatibility yet.