OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc6 sixth release candidate

the thing is i have both iptables and nftables on the system now. It seems to work. But I'm afraid that there might be some conflict in the firewalls.

I would stick with the 21.02 version. But there, after every restart, a different Mac address is generated for me. I don't know how to fix it.

MAC on the WAN interface?

Force it in /etc/config/network:

config device
        option name 'eth0' [replace with the proper interface]
        option macaddr 'aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff'

Quick status update on rc6 with a 23 day uptime on my WRT32X. It's been fast and stable on my 500/35 Mbit cable internet, with SQM cake I get A+ quality/A+ bufferbloat, adblock, usb3 storage w/samba hitting 110 MB/s r/w, nftables, 5GHz wifi, custom fw rules, etc.

After hammering my target with heavy traffic/usb storage loads, etc. it's been rock solid. The only "bug" I observed in rc6 is the known UPnP broken issue, and looks like it'll be fixed with commit: [https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commit/651a578cac6168566cf727d6b82ce819e41bbbbe]

Assuming that commit gets merged then rc7 would be "ready" from my targets perspective at least can't see any other issue. Thanks again devs!

Nice job! RC6 is stable (two weeks now) on three Sitecom WLR-8100 devices. Both V1.001 and V1.002.

Perfomed with sysupgrade in Luci and kept settings.

Has anyone who does NOT have IPv6 service with their ISP upgraded to RC6 and not had to disable WAN6 in order for things to work?

I think noone had.

How can I test upnp functionality? I'm trying it now and with this fix I still don't see any devices.

another problem I have is that on my ax-53u (openwrt) I have a Speed ​​test of only 300/300 Mb on Mikrotik with RouterOS 900/600.

EDIT: Speed ​​solved. Routing/NAT Offloading needed to be enabled

I've noticed on my BT hub 5 with the 5ghz non CT firmware and driver installed, that if I override the MAC address (option macaddr) for a 5ghz wireless AP or mesh, sometimes the 5ghz radio is disabled. Seems to happen mostly on mesh points.

This might be relevant from the log:-

Sat Aug 27 12:47:38 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf (phy wlan0) --> new PHY
Sat Aug 27 12:47:39 2022 kern.warn kernel: [ 9239.699195] ath10k_pci 0000:02:00.0: pdev param 0 not supported by firmware

Also wireless scan and channel analysis in luci fails to complete if a mesh node is enabled.

Save yourself the effort testing it because it's broken with nftables until the commit goes in (provided it fully fixed it) and the next rc. If you really want to mess with it sure then just add the package luci-app-upnp (opkg will add the rest automatically from there), enable it, and use some programs that make upnp requests to the fw. The luci page will always be blank right in rc6 and you can check and confirm that in the logs. If you did your own build with that fix then hopefully it fixed it not sure haven't tested it I'm on rc6.

Yes, I built the package and installed on RC6 In the log it seems to work. But as you write, Luci page is always empty.

The scan on my phone shows me 8 upnp

Firewall

e inet miniupnpd {
        chain forward {
                comment "Miniupnpd forwarding table"
                type filter hook forward priority -20; policy accept;
                iif "pppoe-wan" th dport 6891 @nh,128,32 0xc0a85879 @nh,72,8 0x6 accept
                iif "pppoe-wan" th dport 34868 @nh,128,32 0xc0a85879 @nh,72,8 0x11 accept
                iif "pppoe-wan" th dport 6897 @nh,128,32 0xc0a85879 @nh,72,8 0x6 accept
                iif "pppoe-wan" th dport 6891 @nh,128,32 0xc0a85879 @nh,72,8 0x6 accept

I do not have IPv6 from my ISP. I have not had to disable WAN6 on my WRT1900ACS.

1 Like

Thank you!

Finally it's here, 22.03.0. Wait until it's built....approx. Monday 5th September 2022
Notification will be on the OpenWRT home page

8 Likes

Hmmm...there was a commit to fix some issues with miniupnpd and nftables but as far as I can see that wasn't pulled into the packages feed for 22.03.

2 Likes

Yes i'm very interested by UPnP too just for follow

Thanks

1 Like

Tried it even now with stable + this patch. Upnp works, but the problem with Luci that it still does not show redirection still persists.

You can find it out only from the Log or from the firewall where the forwarded ports are listed

1 Like

It hasn't been merged but there is a pull request to fix that.

This patch doesn't work. Still the same problem.

1 Like

OpenWrt 22.03.0 final was release, see OpenWrt 22.03.0 first stable release

4 Likes