OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc4 fourth release candidate

Installed iptables-nft, now the warning is only for vpn policy routing, mwan3 is now gone from the iptable list.

Made my image again, with only the extra packages, somehow iptables-legacy showed op in my config.This is now gone.Only FW4 is in my image. But still it tells me that mwan3 and vpr is using iptables.

It seems when I make an interface for a bridge with a VLAN - it doesn't work without editing the /etc/config/network file. I discovered this on a devices used as managed switch/AP - the config allows for WiFi.

:white_check_mark: Works:

config interface 'guest'        
        option proto 'none'    
        option device 'br-guest'

:x: Doesn't work (made by LuCI):

config interface 'guest'        
        option proto 'none'    
        option device 'br-guest'  
        option type 'bridge' #<---------
2 Likes

Western Digital N750:

• Browsing to Status > Channel Analysis causes 5.4 GHz WiFi to enter disabled state (did not have a 2.4 GHz client to test)
  • Rebooting fixes the issue

Log when attempting to restart on LuCI:

Wed Jun 15 19:28:00 2022 daemon.notice netifd: radio1 (1928): Command failed: Request timed out
Wed Jun 15 19:28:00 2022 daemon.notice netifd: radio1 (1928): Command failed: Not found
Wed Jun 15 19:28:00 2022 daemon.notice netifd: radio1 (1928): Device setup failed: HOSTAPD_START_FAILED
Wed Jun 15 19:28:00 2022 daemon.notice netifd: Wireless device 'radio1' set retry=0
Wed Jun 15 19:28:00 2022 daemon.crit netifd: Wireless device 'radio1' setup failed, retry=0

EDIT: I cannot reproduce the issue again.

Tried it on one of my BT hub5a. Seems to have the boot issue quite bad on the router I tried it on. Sometimes it boots successfully, occasionally it appears to hang with the LEDs off and appears dead, but mostly seems to repeatedly boot. I've not got serial connections soldered on to check the console.

Please open a bug report and provide clear steps to reproduce, otherwise I won't get fixed until final.

• A VLAN must noted in config with a MAC for it to boot online, it seems RC4 does this by default for LAN and WAN

Example:

config device
        option name 'eth0.x'
        option macaddr 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'
  • I'm having some wireless issues...but I can't tell if this was related to the MAC/VLAN/bridge issue

GitHub..I assume.....
(FYI, can people make an account form here...because...think we're gonna loose people's bugs on this...)

I wasn't sure what "package" to note.

Shouldn't it be filed under openwrt repo instead of packages?

Well someone who know's how - please fix. Thanks.

LOL.

well, if it's a LuCI issue than LuCI issues.

Wow...lol...I'll live. Smh...

(someone fix that too - thanks - I guessed that much, and now I have two posts I made a wrong bug report...lol)

and TBH, the UCI config works when I edit...so it must be a LuCI package....I assumed. :man_shrugging:

Any Archer C7 v2 users try this RC yet?

Have some strange issue with NAT on the TOTOLINK X5000R
I have two different subnets on the router.
The one is just br-lan with static IP and gateway, it's linked with some wireless networks, there is no DHCP and no NAT.
The second network is connected to WAN and the WLAN NETWORK, WLAN is using "unspecified device" network for NAT, there are static IP on this network and DHCP enabled. This configuration works on the 21 versions and not working on the 22.x.
The problem is that in second subnet, clients are successfully connected to wireless network, getting IP, but can not connect to WAN, no internet, NAT is broken. I have tried clean install, tried all options, no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks you very much

Unfortunately that bug report is just a copy&paste of your forum post, it still lacks enough detail. In particular you need to describe the exact steps required to reproduce it.

Following your ticket description, I first declared a new bridge device, then I added some VLANs on it, then I created a new interface with proto unmanaged and selected the bridge device, that led to a proper uci configuration, so clearly you missed to mention some important details.

Edit: managed to figure it out by myself.

3 Likes

Please provide your /etc/config/firewall, /etc/config/network and /etc/config/wireless, unfortunately the description is too vague. Also best open a new topic for this.

1 Like

I know that. Which is why I was confused on why I had to get an account to do that.

My bad..."make a bridge" seems easy enough me, I didn't know there were multiple ways of doing this.

No worries, I'll refrain from informing next time and I'll live with it - or just wait for the stable release. Someone who ya'll prefer to give better descriptions can experience it anew then figure it out. If someone knows how people prefer to report, let me know, and I'll just send them to you - and you can make the post and get berated.

I see no need to keep being berated for doing what I was asked - when I clearly stated I guessed and didn't know what I was doing.

(This is why I have been nervous to note issues before, especially after I see you all do this to others.)

Please stop making a drama out of being asked to provide clear and precise steps to reproduce an issue, that's not berating but a simple matter of time economics, otherwise scarce maintainer time is wasted by unclear bug reports distracting from other work, forcing the maintainer to find a reproducer, asking counter question, trying to infer unmentioned details and guessing what the reporters actions might have been.

Multiply that extraneous effort (including replying to such unwarranted complaints) by a sufficiently large amount of such vague issues and either things start to get dismissed altogether or they'll never get addressed.

17 Likes

No problem, I made a post "elsewhere" about the concern.

Thanks. I'll resume the chat there. I don't appreciate your treatment; and I don't consider it "drama". Such nerve.

Please resume this discussion elsewhere, it is clearly off topic within this thread.

2 Likes