OpenWrt 22.03.0-rc4 fourth release candidate

Shouldn't it be filed under openwrt repo instead of packages?

Well someone who know's how - please fix. Thanks.

LOL.

well, if it's a LuCI issue than LuCI issues.

Wow...lol...I'll live. Smh...

(someone fix that too - thanks - I guessed that much, and now I have two posts I made a wrong bug report...lol)

and TBH, the UCI config works when I edit...so it must be a LuCI package....I assumed. :man_shrugging:

Any Archer C7 v2 users try this RC yet?

Have some strange issue with NAT on the TOTOLINK X5000R
I have two different subnets on the router.
The one is just br-lan with static IP and gateway, it's linked with some wireless networks, there is no DHCP and no NAT.
The second network is connected to WAN and the WLAN NETWORK, WLAN is using "unspecified device" network for NAT, there are static IP on this network and DHCP enabled. This configuration works on the 21 versions and not working on the 22.x.
The problem is that in second subnet, clients are successfully connected to wireless network, getting IP, but can not connect to WAN, no internet, NAT is broken. I have tried clean install, tried all options, no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks you very much

Unfortunately that bug report is just a copy&paste of your forum post, it still lacks enough detail. In particular you need to describe the exact steps required to reproduce it.

Following your ticket description, I first declared a new bridge device, then I added some VLANs on it, then I created a new interface with proto unmanaged and selected the bridge device, that led to a proper uci configuration, so clearly you missed to mention some important details.

Edit: managed to figure it out by myself.

3 Likes

Please provide your /etc/config/firewall, /etc/config/network and /etc/config/wireless, unfortunately the description is too vague. Also best open a new topic for this.

1 Like

I know that. Which is why I was confused on why I had to get an account to do that.

My bad..."make a bridge" seems easy enough me, I didn't know there were multiple ways of doing this.

No worries, I'll refrain from informing next time and I'll live with it - or just wait for the stable release. Someone who ya'll prefer to give better descriptions can experience it anew then figure it out. If someone knows how people prefer to report, let me know, and I'll just send them to you - and you can make the post and get berated.

I see no need to keep being berated for doing what I was asked - when I clearly stated I guessed and didn't know what I was doing.

(This is why I have been nervous to note issues before, especially after I see you all do this to others.)

Please stop making a drama out of being asked to provide clear and precise steps to reproduce an issue, that's not berating but a simple matter of time economics, otherwise scarce maintainer time is wasted by unclear bug reports distracting from other work, forcing the maintainer to find a reproducer, asking counter question, trying to infer unmentioned details and guessing what the reporters actions might have been.

Multiply that extraneous effort (including replying to such unwarranted complaints) by a sufficiently large amount of such vague issues and either things start to get dismissed altogether or they'll never get addressed.

17 Likes

No problem, I made a post "elsewhere" about the concern.

Thanks. I'll resume the chat there. I don't appreciate your treatment; and I don't consider it "drama". Such nerve.

Please resume this discussion elsewhere, it is clearly off topic within this thread.

2 Likes

DIR-878 A1
mt7621

I've been testing since the previous stable build. I tested all the release candidates, but there is a problem until today. My phone loses connection and randomly says NO INTERNET and I have to reconnect, however SNAPSHOTS builds this problem does not happen

FWIW, the latest -rc4 works fine here with this old D-Link DIR825 B1.

Thanks, as always, to the developers for all their hard work. We're lucky to have access to their skills.

Any issues with the rc4?

So far none. Meanwhile I use it as an AP not a router.

I've upgraded also GL.inet b1300, configuration retained, working proprerly since 4 hours
EDIT 2022-06-16T22:00:00Z
After some hours i've noticed Router is not working properly no device associated to it, all my devices are associated to the extender... SO WIFI PROBLEMS ON BOTH 2.4 and 5ghz for GL.INET B1300
UPDATE --> I've moved to SNAPSHOT r19804-958785508c and everything SEEMS to work as should..

Netgear Orbi RBR50 converted from RBS50:
Still no luck with WAN and DSA.
Phicomm K3 A1:
LAN not function after some reboot.
Poor distance 5GHz WiFi.

No idea about MediaTek MT7621ST/MT7603EN combination (Netgear R6220) routers
but
Still 5 GHz WiFi Address Not Found errors with MediaTek MT7621AT/MT7615N combination routers.
e.g. D-Link DIR-878, DIR-882, DIR-2640 ...

EDIT: For sake of accuracy, forgot to add AT for MT7621AT to original post.

1 Like