OpenWrt 22.03.0 first stable release

I doubt anybody here cares whether you use OpenWrt or not. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In their defense (looking at it constructively) the E8450/RT3200 wiki needs work it's sort of a mess. I know it's a new target, but hope the community involved in that target overhauls the Installation section on the standard vs UBI situation. For example here: [https://openwrt.org/toh/linksys/e8450#installation] Glad my main target wrt32x is dual boot :slight_smile: it got me out of trouble a few times very easily.

I removed all my previous iptables firewall.user entries, and created firewall redirects prior to moving over to 22.03.0, knowing fw4 was just around the corner.

Happy to report sysupgrade of TP-Link c2600 from 21.02.3 => 22.03.0 (keeping settings) OK.

A few of my custom scripts broke, so had to make some minor tweaks for 22.03.0. They previously worked OK on versions 21.02.3 & prior.

So far OpenWrt is behaving itself nicely! Great job :scream_cat: to all involved!

2 Likes

TP-Link Archer C20 V4 5GHz wifi has no internet access it was working in rc4 but stopped working.

I just upgraded my Netgear R7800 with this release, and it went smoothly. No issues so far, nice work.

I have updated from the RC6 to the final release and everything is working fine in the clients side, but not for the router itself. I can not update packages, ping or traceroute. I am using custom DNS (Http-Over-DNS) but it was working fine up to RC6. Is there anything else I am missing?
Device: Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800

1 Like

TPLink Archer C20 v5: 5GHz Wifi does not work with 22.03. With 21.02 it was fine.

WRT1900ACSv2 running OpenWrt 22.03.0 r19685. Upgraded from rc6 with retained configuration. 5Ghz set to channel 36. WPA2. I continue to have the following:

• irqbalance enabled (from '0' to '1' in '/etc/config/irqbalance')
  • SQM QoS enabled
  • tx_amsdu disabled. Luci > startup > local startup (nano /etc/rc.local) the following commands:
echo "0" >> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/mwlwifi/tx_amsdu
echo "0" >> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/mwlwifi/tx_amsdu

4d uptime.

No issues noted. Excellent performance.

Having my WRT3200ACM upgraded last tuesday with minor issues. After a few days I can say:

• rock solid operation, up since tuesday

• as fast as possible (920MB on a 1GB fiber), low cpu usage

• sw flow offload reduces cpu load from 60% (without sw flow offload) to 40% on a single cpu on load tests

• bcp38 filter is not migrated to nftables, it also brings in dependencies to ipset. I fixed this by writing my own script using nft commands, I'll share when done

• Crowdsec bouncer package is not available (I loved that one), I fixed by installing it from 21.3. branch

• Crowdsec bouncer not working as expected but I fixed it with a few nft commands. As the router is stable I try to do some work on this package as well after bcp38.

:smile:

5 Likes

Thank you to all the devs who put in the work to make this release possible!

Upgraded my Raspberry Pi 4B with a TP-Link UE300 yesterday, everything is running smoothly now with no issues detected yet.

However, in case you also have an RTL8152 adapter be aware that the dependencies of kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 have changed:

1. In case you don't already use https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.0&target=bcm27xx%2Fbcm2711&id=rpi-4 to build an image that includes kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 I'd recommend to give it a try!
    Also note that this base build doesn't include luci and luci-ssl either, so you need to remember to add them to the custom list of packages if you don't want to rely on the CLI only.
  2. If you still want to use the stock image and install kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 manually to get you going after the sysupgrade, you no longer need kmod-mii and kmod-usb-net as they're now part of the stock image.
    INSTEAD you need the following packages in roughly this install order: r8152-firmware, kmod-crypto-sha256, kmod-usb-net-cdc-ether, kmod-usb-net-cdc-ncm, kmod-usb-net-rtl8152.
    The two kmod-usb-net-cdc* packages have to be installed in the given order and kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 has to be the final one of the five.

I had to learn of this change the hard way after going for option 2 as usual and having only prepared kmod-mii, kmod-usb-net and kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 as with the previous upgrades.
Let's just say the SO wasn't too happy either...

2 Likes

ZBTLINK WE-1326 Wifi does not work with 22.03.

Had no issues upgrading my TP-Link Archer C2600 to 22.03.

Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this release!

Now, after 2 days uptime, i cannot see any problem !!!! (Aside missing WAN LED)

1 Like

Just upgraded my TP-Link re450v3 from 21.02.2 to 23.03.0 without an issue.

Will wait for the upgrades for my re450v1 and re450v2 which aren't available yet...

Hi,
" Don't force the router to use DNS-over-HTTPS or DNS-over-TLS. Only force your network clients."
Where shall I apply this?

Model:TP-Link TL-WDR3600 rev1.5
Platform:ath79/generic
Version:2.03.0 (r19685-512e76967f)
Date:2022-09-04
internet 500 Mbps Pv4 and IPv6 Dual Stack in a PPPoE
flow offloading -On

I notice a problem with this version Version:2.03.0 (r19685-512e76967f) with wdr3600 flow offloading - enable in speed test does not exceed 170Mbps download , 340 Mbps upload per wire, with the previous version of Openwrt 21.02.2 I don't have this problem!
With the previous version, I was going up to 495 Mbps in the speed test

Successfully upgraded following router

• AVM 3370
  • AVM 3390
  • 2x Xiaomi Mi Router 4A 100M Edition
  • Xiaomi Redmi Router AC2100

At the A4 wlan scan in Luci not works both frequencies, as far as I can remind, iwinfo works.
At AC2100 iwinfo 5Ghz scan don't work, iw works fine.
Can this somebody confirm?

Thanks all for the great work.

x86 router, everything work great! thanks!

A few merges occured since I last tested, and finally works/shows on luci.

Flow Offloading still broken, at least for an PPPoE configuration mode. Seen many similar reports, but not a sign of kernel upgrade/patches to solve...

1 Like

"iwinfo wlan1 scan" (5 GHz) works on both my redmi AC2100 (white) and my Mi router AC2100 (black).
Both are running 22.03.0 without any problem (AP mode only).