OpenWrt 22.03.0 first stable release

Is there a list of these packages and which ones are yet to change from iptables to nft?

the list

Unfortunately the device page [OpenWrt Wiki] Linksys EA4500 v1, v2 / E4200 v2 does not give info about how to do it, only if you have stock firmware running (then just use the stock firmware gui) and only how to revert back to stock:

* For the **E4200v2**

* On your workstation using SCP, copy `FW_E4200v2_2.1.41.164606.img` to /tmp on your router

* On your router using SSH, issue the command `sysupgrade -F -n /tmp/FW_E4200v2_2.1.41.164606.img` - ![:!:](https://openwrt.org/lib/images/smileys/icon_exclaim.gif) Do not use the zip archive directly, you have to extract the firmware image from it first

If i try from the current version 21.02 GUI I get:

Not sure if i dare to force it...

Any guidance?

Were they explicitly disabled in your configuration files? Perhaps the default value changed. That wouldn't be a bug. Default values can change from one version to the next.

Wireless scan still not works on TP-Link CPE220 v3. It worked till RC5

daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0-1: interface state COUNTRY_UPDATE->ENABLED
Sat Sep  3 02:56:09 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0-1: AP-ENABLED
Sat Sep  3 02:56:11 2022 daemon.notice hostapd: handle_probe_req: send failed
Sat Sep  3 02:56:11 2022 daemon.notice netifd: radio0 (2013): sh: out of range
Sat Sep  3 02:56:11 2022 daemon.notice netifd: wan (2046): udhcpc: broadcasting discover

This is essentially the same as my EA4500 - I used the factory image and force - it requires a new layout for a larger kernel partition, so even the factory image fails the check because the existing layout isn't compatible.

I added a thread - should have posted here I guess.

I've flashed 22.03.0 on my Turris Omnia and four TP-Link TL-WDR4300's. It seems to be working fine, but some things seem off.

On my Omnia, it looks like network traffic is mirrored across the LAN ports, or something like that. When I generate traffic on one of the ports, the activity leds flicker on the other ports as well (including on the devices on the other side). This wasn't the case with 21.02.3. I can't see any traffic on the interfaces with tcpdump though, so I wonder what this is.

On my WDR4300's, the WiFi activity leds occasionally both blink, even though no clients are connected. This also wasn't the case with 21.02.3.

Does anyone else have these issues as well?

3 Likes

Hi.
I'm sorry I can't tell. I'm not currently in the same location than the MR8300. :roll_eyes:

EDIT lucky you I found someone unexpected to have a look onto the router.
it says
Disk 56 Kib/65.52 MiB
temp 256 Kob/247.97 MiB
so obviously it's not 0

Banip is the one that really jumps out there for me. Looking at the support thread for it, while there might be some workarounds currently possible, I think I'll just wait for .1, since by then 22.03 and banip should be in better alignment.

I have two issues with this release.
one is that dnsmasq doesnt load its config folder and give this error:
daemon.crit dnsmasq[1]: cannot access directory /etc/dnsmasq.d/: No such file or directory
and another less important is that web portal of openwrt seems to be slower.

Its a known issue, I had noticed it getting worse as included more stuff in my own builds of the snapshots, and I managed to work around it on my bt hubs on previous release candidates by building it without the modules and packages included and installing them using OPKG

Could you add https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/10243 as a known issue ? I can confirm MediaTek MT7610E 5GHz radio is broken on tl-wr902ac, and similar reports were seen on AC51U, MQmaker Witi, Archer C20 v4. We think the breaking change is https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/commit/d6ae3505ac6c0e34ca2a209d4ac9ffe9ad87575d which was introduced in -rc5, and based on that change I have a suspicion that all mt76 radios other than mt7615, mt7915 and mt7921 might be broken.

2 Likes

Homehub 5a boot crash issue here

1 Like

After a 32-day uptime on rc6 just flashed 22.03 stable on my WRT32X. Added a ton of typical packages, everything is great so far. Thanks devs and congrats on the big release!

2 Likes

I've upgraded successfully 4 device types:

• Fritzbox 7320
  • Fritzbox 7330
  • FritzBox 7412
  • Linksys WRT1900ACS
1 Like

You should also try this on the latest snapshot. There are changes related to this.

Thank you for that. It must just be LuCI not refreshing or something. I'll reboot it when at that location.

@openx

I updated the ER-X today and that line is only 50/5. Hardware offload dropped it to high 30's / low 40's Mbps so it's clear that hardware is not supported on the ER-X yet.

With software offload on or off I could get the 50Mbps. Without a faster line I don't know if it helps or not.

Everything else was working as expected.

Switch and WAP TP-Link Archer A7 v5 updated via the web interface from OpenWRT 21.02.3 to 22.03.0 with openwrt-22.03.0-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-a7-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin, saved configuration and post-update package installs

opkg update
opkg install acme acme-dnsapi ca-certificates luci-app-acme luci-app
-uhttpd ntpclient openssl-util rsync socat wget-ssl
reboot

It appears to be working normally.

Sysupgraded from somewhat recent master custom builds to v22.03.0 custom builds on a Pi4, 2x Archer C7 v4, 1043ND v1 (64MB RAM mod), all running fine.

The oldest was the Pi4, running a build from just before the nftables commits started showing up. No issues.

Excellent work!