OpenWrt 21.02 Internet Issues

I've also pinged from my WAN interface and received 56 data bytes back, so I can only assume all is well there, right?

What is your issue exactly? Yes this means your wan should have internet connectivity

I'm unable to access all websites from my browser

Check your DNS settings.

1 Like

Apologies for my lack of basic OpenWRT knowledge. Where would I find these?

Use any dns you want...

DNS settings are the most likely cause, but if the instructions above don't work, make sure the clock is accurate on the System page. A system clock that's a few years behind can cause SSL certificate errors making it appear that the internet doesn't work. I've run into this on Nanopi boards that don't have a battery-backed clock.

Thanks. I'm going through the process now. But not luck! After doing a few checks of my own, I believe the issue is with the IPv4 connectivity.

strange... that's an ipv4 address... I'm overlooking something

See the OpenWRT Quick Start, and User Guides.

Reset your device and set it up again.

You could probably get connected again by setting the WAN interface to dhcp instead of pppoe, but if there are other incorrect settings you will still have issues.

Reset and start fresh.

2 Likes

I've reset the modem and all seems to be working fine bar the 5GHz wireless. I've tried to enable it but it's not available. Please check the screenshot below;

Is there a way to rectify this?

So the device is the WRT3200ACM...correct?

What happens when you click Edit to configure 5 Ghz?

If you did configure it, what channel and what Country Code did you use?

That's correct. It takes me to the configuration screen.

Try changing the channel width to 40.

Failing that, change it to 20.

I've tried the above and still no luck...

Take the "Maximum transmit power" setting off "driver default" and set it to 25.

Same issues buddy.

Are you using the default drivers for 5 Ghz?

Yes. Software and driver wise nothing has changed.