OpenWrt 21.02.3 Third service release

Hi all, installed 21.02.3 on D-Link DWR-921 with no issues.
Seems to be stable with 10h uptime. Still shows up as rev C1 but it's rev C3.
Big thanks to all contrubutors :clap:

1 Like

Used the imagebuilder to add all my packages and configs.

From 21.02.2 to 21.02.3 on a raspberry pi 4b

|Model|Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2|
|Architecture|ARMv8 Processor rev 3|
|Target Platform|bcm27xx/bcm2711|
|Firmware Version|OpenWrt 21.02.3 r16554-1d4dea6d4f / LuCI openwrt-21.02 branch git-22.083.69138-0a0ce2a|
|Kernel Version|5.4.188|

No issues at all.

Same here (imagebuilder) - tplink mr200

Hi, I'm trying to install USB overlay on my TP-Link TD-W8970W (Lantiq platform).
The space is very limited but previously I was able to install USB flashdisk support on version 21.02.1.
Following the openwrt guide for extroot_configuration command

opkg install block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 e2fsprogs

finished OK. I omitted fdisk package because there is not enough space left on device.
On the flashdisk system and swap partitions are already prepared so I don't need fdisk package.
The problem is that after reboot I don't see any /dev/sda* devices and "block info" won't show the USB partitions. Is this a bug, or the fdisk package is required now?
Thanks a lot for help.

Hi,

I've been looking at the discussions in the flow offloading threads, and I was encouraged by the latest here, although I don't understand everything 100%. It sounded like it was finally solved though: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4849

Can you please prioritize reviewing/testing those fixes for the next release? With fiber coming in my area, and many others, performance is becoming more and more important. I would bet a lot of people are still running 19.x because of this issue alone, and it's now been about a year.

I know it's a volunteer project, and I'm sorry I don't have enough knowledge to contribute myself, but for me this functionality is very important.

Thanks

Upgraded my WR1300, no issues so far

Upgraded my 2xR7800 and a E4200V2 (not using Wifi from that) from 21.02.2 with keep settings, no issues so far.

Keep up the good work devs!

I've a TD-W8970, just moved from 21.02.2 to 21.02.3; used imagebuilder to include fdisk as well as block-mount, kmod-fs-ext4 and e2fsprogs in order to have extroot up & running.

1 Like

Thank you, must learn how to use the imagebuilder. Which one do you recommed, is there any available online without need for local installation ?
In the meantime I found out that the kmod-usb-storage package was missing in the extroot_configuration guide. After installing it all started to work normally.

My PC is Linux Mint based, so I got openwrt-imagebuilder-21.02.3-lantiq-xrx200.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz @ https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.3/targets/lantiq/xrx200/ : it works like a charm.
By the way... you're right, I forgot to mention kmod-usb-storage...

https://sysupgrade.openwrt.org/

Haven't used it but seems to build an image based on your current system

4 Likes

Online: never used, but have a look @ Online ImageBuilder and Upgrade Server

1 Like

So I'm having some issues with this release on a MikroTik 750 Gr3. 21.02.2 was working for me, and upgrading to 21.02.3 seemed fine at first, but after I reinstalled the additional packages and rebooted things went south. I wasn't able to reach the router anymore at all. I have a spare of these, so I installed that with 21.02.3 and got the same result, again after installing the additional packages and rebooting. I'll attacj the list of additional packages I have on the router... I'm using wireguard, and I"m suspicious that that's the cause of the trouble. I'll try to narrow it down tomorrow, for now I've downgraded back to 21.02.2.

Here's the additional packages I installed (plus their dependencies):
coreutils
coreutils-base64
coreutils-sha1sum
dnstop
https-dns-proxy
kmod-wireguard
luci-app-https-dns-proxy
luci-app-wireguard
mtr
nmap
ntpclient
tcpdump
wireguard-tools

You might consider logging to an external device to see if you can catch what's going on.

LuCI > System > System > Logging tab.

Happy to report sysupgrade of TP-Link c2600 from 21.02.2 => 21.02.3 (keeping settings) OK.
Great job :scream_cat: to all involved!

The only exception was with ksmbd, see Ksmbd (Samba3/4 alternative, ex cifsd/smbd) package support thread - #249 by otnert but managed to use an alternate package.

Hmm. I can no longer reproduce my problems from last night. Wireguard seems to be fine. Maybe I was just too tired to do OpenWrt upgrades... :wink:

wolfssl is included in the default images, I do not know how many people actually update the packages with opkg later.

The service releases also updates the kernel and kernel drivers which are not updated by opkg. The kernel community does not really publish which CVEs are getting fixed, but most Linux kernel minor versions have "All users of the 5.4 kernel series must upgrade.", see https://lwn.net/Articles/889440/

When I looked at the diff of mac80211 5.10.85 and 5.10.110 also multiple changes were looking like security fixes for me.

You should not assume that all security problems are getting a CVE number assigned and that all fixed security problems are listed when a new release is done. This is more or less true for all software products probably even more for proprietary software.

4 Likes

Can't wait for fixed ksmbd packages (NBG6617/C7_V5).

21.02.3, Working fine on our WRT3200.
Adblock full, and the collectd group.
Everything running well.

Thanks folks for a great router OS!

Yesterday I updated my two TP-Link Archer A7 v5s* with tplink_archer-a7-v5-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin and TP-Link Archer C2600 v1.1 with tplink_c2600-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin from 21.02.2, installed additional packages, and as usual and against good advice..

..updated all packages listed by opkg list-upgadable (which was just libwolfssl5.1.1.99a5b54a from 5.2.0-stable-1 to 5.2.0-stable-2).
All appear to be running normally. Good job keeping our lives dull and predictable, OpenWRT devs.

*[ I got another refurbished unit for $29.99 from B&H. More are still available at this price. ]